Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Prove to me god doesn't exist"
"Prove to me god doesn't exist"
This argument is usually used in a debate when you've backed a religious person into a corner, and they can't answer. They always have this in their arsenal. Right next to "Mysterious ways" And "That's just what I believe"

How arrogant that you (Talking to someone who would use this argument) Think it is MY job to prove to YOU that your god doesn't exist. Prove to me Pink unicorns don't exist. Can't? Then you should believe it because you can't rule it out!

You may think that example is a little extreme but I see no difference between "Prove to me god doesn't really exist" To "Prove to me lord voldemort doesn't really exist"

What are your thoughts on this argument? Do you use it? Has someone used it on you? Do you get as frustrated as I do?
RE: "Prove to me god doesn't exist"
"Prove to me anything doesn't exist."
How can you prove that a fantasy does not exist?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
"Fuck off.  It is not my job to demonstrate that your fairy tales are false."
Yes, reminding them that proving the existence of something is the responsibility of the one who made the claim --- rarely even registers.  
[Image: 5257fc6475a32a9c4f03e4386f3e5a23.jpg]

At that point, you could give them dozens of reasons why you don't think god exists . . . but they won't listen.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Logical fallacy 101.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Ask them to prove that any of the gods they don't believe in, do not exist.

Tell them that you will use the same method to prove theirs doesn't.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Fuck, there goes Zeus . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 8, 2016 at 5:04 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Ask them to prove that any of the gods they don't believe in, do not exist.

Tell them that you will use the same method to prove theirs doesn't.

Uh, because they're called "mythology" and Christianity is a religion.

Checkmate, idiot!
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Thus why it is important to classify jesus as just one more myth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1031 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 14888 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Question How do you prove to everybody including yourself you're an atheist? Walter99 48 5601 March 23, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 1980 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5775 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5213 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17555 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7043 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Do you think Science and Religion can co-exist in a society? ErGingerbreadMandude 137 38808 June 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: comet
  A god who doesn't believe in himself? ErikB 6 1748 January 21, 2017 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: ErikB