Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
On Apes?
On Apes?
Hey everyone,

I was wondering, is there much scientific history about apes that is known?

I know people like Jane Goodall and others have studied apes up close. But what of their evolutionary history?

Do we know at what stage gorillas, orangutans and chimps came into being, or what exactly they evolved from? We know that humans did not evolve from apes, that apes and humans indeed are separate and distinct species, and always have been.

I find it kind of strange to think that even though humans have 98-99% identical dna to chimps, we are so very much different than chimps and other apes. We seem much more than animals of any kind.

Unlike apes, human beings can form complex societies, compose music, tell stories, use language, seek to discover knowledge for knowledge's sake, and yes, develop religion.

Sad to think, but all orangutans, gorillas and chimps are atheists. Sad . But then again, according to Christianity, they also lack immortal souls, so Hell is not something for them to be concerned about Smile !!

Any knowledge of the evolutionary status of apes, or how and to what extent they are related to humans?

Kind of a shame this ape does not exist anymore. He would be a living King Kong! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus
RE: On Apes?
You're funny!

Quiet day at work, huh?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(February 25, 2016 at 9:21 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: Hey everyone,

I know people like Jane Goodall and others have studied apes up close. But what of their evolutionary history?

Do we know at what stage gorillas, orangutans and chimps came into being, or what exactly they evolved from? We know that humans did not evolve from apes, that apes and humans indeed are separate and distinct species, and always have been.

I find it kind of strange to think that even though humans have 98-99% identical dna to chimps, we are so very much different than chimps and other apes. We seem much more than animals of any kind.

Unlike apes, human beings can form complex societies, compose music, tell stories, use language, seek to discover knowledge for knowledge's sake, and yes, develop religion.

Sad to think, but all orangutans, gorillas and chimps are atheists. Sad . But then again, according to Christianity, they also lack immortal souls, so Hell is not something for them to be concerned about Smile !!

Any knowledge of the evolutionary status of apes, or how and to what extent they are related to humans?

Kind of a shame this ape does not exist anymore. He would be a living King Kong! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

Yes and my reply is as such:

[Image: Laser-2.png]

Checkmate again.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(February 25, 2016 at 9:21 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: Do we know at what stage gorillas, orangutans and chimps came into being, or what exactly they evolved from? We know that humans did not evolve from apes, that apes and humans indeed are separate and distinct species, and always have been.

Surely you realize that though each ape species (ourselves included) all evolved from a common ancestor, a creature distinct from any existing species?

If not, what drugs have you taken?
It's nor that difficult to Google "ape evolutionary tree"...

[Image: main-qimg-b74aca444a2e8371fb4b60a2d36b24..._webp=true]
TC, you need to educate yourself about apes rather than quizzing us. A good place to start might be the outstanding documentary series 'Planet Of The Apes.' It's a little involved, so if you'd rather start slow, a web search for 'Grape Ape' or 'Magilla Gorilla' might be of use to you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 26, 2016 at 2:56 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(February 25, 2016 at 9:21 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: Hey everyone,

Checkmate again.

Gutsy design, how that transistor just *bam* amplifies the signal from that timer chip to drive a heavier load? Good stuff.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(February 26, 2016 at 5:44 am)Alex K Wrote:
(February 26, 2016 at 2:56 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote:  

Checkmate again.

Gutsy design, how that transistor just *bam* amplifies the signal from that timer chip to drive a heavier load? Good stuff.

Yeah, but how the hell do you crush rocks with it?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 26, 2016 at 5:54 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(February 26, 2016 at 5:44 am)Alex K Wrote: Gutsy design, how that transistor just *bam* amplifies the signal from that timer chip to drive a heavier load? Good stuff.

Yeah, but how the hell do you crush rocks with it?

Boru

Well, it does say "Piezo Buzzer OR other load". I see no reason not to put a really fat switching transistor thing there and hook a rock crusher up. Muahahahaaa
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

I correct myself, the current for the load seems to be provided by the SCR mostly, so the output stage transistor doesn't need to be too heavy duty I guess.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What can other great apes really do? Alex K 20 4409 May 11, 2015 at 3:21 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Apes Make and Use Tools Minimalist 30 12388 September 15, 2012 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: JohnDG