Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Argument For Religion You Have Ever Heard?
Worst Argument For Religion You Have Ever Heard?
I want to know what the worst argument for the existence of God, or that a specific religion is true, that you have ever heard is.

Mine would be the argument that the earth was created 6000 years ago in 7 days - yet our fossil and rock records date back millions of years.
I'm sorry, I've put this in the wrong forum. Maybe a mod could transfer it to the religion or atheist forums please?
RE: Worst Argument For Religion You Have Ever Heard?
Easy:

"My feelings told me"

That's the single weakest reason to believe in God.
"Look how beautiful the world is"
This staple of bumper sticker stupidity.

[Image: thatsettlesit.gif]
I'm pretty sure it went something like this: "Don't ask me for evidence of god's existence. Just look in the mirror."

Now where have I seen that before?
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
All of them.......
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Because the Bible says so!
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
I'm not a fan of Pascal's wager, though it's only been used on me once and he said "this is why god exists." and handed me a handout from his philosophy class–which he failed by the way. Of course he wasn't very bright anyway.
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
I could never choose just one. However, I can guess who said it.
"The eye is too complex to have evolved."
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] What does religion have to offer? EgoDeath 53 5625 August 3, 2019 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why did my mom tell me that feelings are enough to have religion? Der/die AtheistIn 11 1351 April 2, 2019 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Every Apologetic Argument Ever YahwehIsTheWay 21 2663 December 1, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Growing up, did your parents have weird rules because of religion GODZILLA 7 1182 November 15, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Abrahamic roots of racism, which one is worst Sammin 2 1167 October 6, 2018 at 10:09 am
Last Post: brewer
  How you know religion has done its job in brainwashing you: Foxaèr 19 2753 August 9, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Baha'i Faith, have you heard of it? Foxaèr 22 3268 October 23, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism? PETE_ROSE 455 101555 April 5, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 22202 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Deadliest religion ever? SuperSentient 125 17441 March 31, 2017 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Nanny