Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War crimes of the west
War crimes of the west
Just a small list I wanted to post, since people seems to be playing "fish memory" and claiming that the boogy man is "Islam", so I prepared a list with some of my favorite war crimes, which are -Ironically- not committed by Muslims, but actually by Christians, Jews and seculars/atheists, let's see:

1- The bombing of Dresden- WW2

http://www.rense.com/general85/ddes.htm

Quote:The holocaust unleashed on Dresden had no strategic or tactical advantage whatsoever for the Americans or the British. Dresden was one of the most beautiful cities in Germany, dubbed the "Florence of the Elbe" because of its world-renowned collection of Baroque architecture. It was known as a showplace of culture. It had no military bases, no major communication centers or heavy industry. It had no air defense. In the last months of the war, it was known as "Die Lazarettstadt" - it had been declared a hospital town. It was also known as the "Fluechtlingsstadt" - the City of the Refugees.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree...-war-crime

Quote:As the incendiaries fell, the phosphorus clung to the bodies of those below, turning them into human torches. The screaming of those who were being burned alive was added to the cries of those not yet hit. There was no need for flares to lead the second wave of bombers to their target, as the whole city had become a gigantic torch. It must have been visible to the pilots from a hundred miles away. Dresden had no defences, no anti-aircraft guns, no searchlights, nothing.

====================

2-Using atomic weapons against civilians:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bom...#Hiroshima
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bom...i#Nagasaki

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/hiroshima.htm

=====================
3-The creation of Israel:

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion...68123.html

=====================
4-My Lai massacre:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

=====================

5-Bombings of Laos (Vietnam war):

http://apjjf.org/2012/10/47/Jeremy-Kuzma...ticle.html

Quote: sure is a funny way to fight a war. I mean, I have yet to even see Vietnam or Laos. I get up in the morning, have breakfast and fly off. And man, I don’t see anything – just clouds, sky and sun. I get to the coordinates on the map, drop my load and I’m back in time for beer and lunch in the base restaurant complete with air conditioning. After a nap, I usually spend the afternoon swimming.” – American B-52 pilot, Utapao Air Force Base, Thail

============================
6-Ever saw the Napalm girl?

[Image: kim-phuc-running-down-road-burned-from-napalm.jpg?w=750]

======================

Commercial break:

lol

=======================

I lost count-Abu Ghuraib (Iraq)

http://www.antiwar.com/news/?articleid=8560
RE: War crimes of the west
ISIS is so so bad !
This Islam  !!!

You know, ISIS isn't mossad or cia or anything -lol-xD
It's just about jelousy ! Muslims; these brown people, just hate America and pubic hair Trump..

Them Muslims..Muslims..
'Merica !!!
Napalm !!hell yeah !!

Even though Islam says loudly:

Quran- Sura 2

( Verse 256 )   There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

and

The Quran-Sura 8

(Verse 60 )   And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know [but] whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of Allah will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.
( 61 )   And if they incline to peace, then incline to it [also] and rely upon Allah. Indeed, it is He who is the Hearing, the Knowing.

Hypocrisy know no limits xD
I just want to ask Trump, and the ignorant robots following him: why do you hate Islam that much?

Or, are you picking on us because we're weak? like a bully.
I mean, you know that Mexico has nothing in its arsenal against the states, so the same crap repeats and repeats.

But for a freak, a clown, with a hair that looks like pubic hair that gone red, just like the bloody-red history his big ass hides, to come and bully me? with lies?  
Lol xD

[Image: gpRQJan.jpg]
"West bad, quran good", got it.   Clap
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
They are running around with guns and bombs in one hand and the crayon in the other. It will take some time to catch up perhaps which is the reason to nip it in the bud.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(March 11, 2016 at 5:05 pm)Rhythm Wrote: "West bad, quran good", got it.   Clap

I think you mean "West bad, ISIS good,"
@Atlas, I DO hate it when many in the west ignore our own transgressions. I agree with remembering history as not to repeat it. But it still remains at this point in history between the west and the east, we still do a better job protecting pluralism compared to the political states run on religion in the East.

America certainly has done some shitty things to others, Native Americans, slavery sexism and I certainly hated that we invaded Iraq based on a lie. That still does not make the East a bastion of pluralism nor does it justify your own religion's religiously justified violence.

Two wrongs don't make a right. And don't assume that just because there are asshole xenophobic bigots and a politician like Trump playing off their fears that everyone in the west likes him. I don't I think he is a sick fuck. It still does not justify assholes like Bin Ladin. Not even Bin Ladin's own family liked him.

This is the problem with ALL religions. This is the problem with the idea of religion itself. Humans hide behind religion in order to give themselves a sense of false superiority over others and while it may bring comfort to one group it always ends up needlessly pitting humans against each other to the point of cruelty.

How about instead of assuming everyone in the west hates you, how about you stop assuming that is a justification for those in your religion. BELIEVE ME there are lots of people in the west that hate our right wingers as much as we hate islam's right wingers. But that still does not change that the books of all three religions ARE used to justify tribalism and that pits humans against other humans.
(March 11, 2016 at 5:05 pm)Rhythm Wrote: "West bad, quran good", got it.   Clap

It's not like we never saw Abu Ghraib:

http://www.antiwar.com/news/?articleid=8560

Divinity

Oh ma gosh ! 
Them...Them....Muzlims !
Burnt the towers..killed Kennedy..tried to hit our dropped bombs with their heads so they stop it, but their heads like gone from the impact !!

Stupid Muslims jumping around "wiz" swords and screaming:"Alalala boom !!"
And all mizlims are IZIZ.

I'm sorry. But as anti-semistem is treated in the world, I want a similiar treatment to anti-Islam- people, I want it to be a crime, just like anti semistesm
[Image: Democracy_0dda17_4994819.jpg]

Moderator Notice
Fixed image tags

Pandæmonium
Still, I don't think anyone is suffering from the delusion that the west is perfect, just a million times better than anything else that most of the rest of the world has managed to produce (in terms of personal, political and indeed religious freedoms).

I don't know anyone in the west who would genuinely wish to live somewhere else in the world where they would have less freedoms than they have now.

Edit: sorry I've fixed your image above and it made me chuckle.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
London

[Image: picture12.jpg]

Coventry

[Image: hamburgafterthe1943bombing_1.jpg]

bomb targets, greater London area  (sorry, not the interactive version)

[Image: article-0-1660D124000005DC-336_964x531.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudan: The real cause behind the war WinterHold 4 478 June 14, 2023 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The problem with "Hate crimes". onlinebiker 25 1158 February 11, 2022 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3131 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump declaring civil war, turning to global WW3 WinterHold 19 832 November 9, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 1967 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 919 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  The proxies of today are the world war of tomorrow WinterHold 6 1087 April 29, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  War is nonsense and manipulation and there is no reason to fight? Interaktive 47 3271 March 31, 2019 at 9:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why don't the dictator regimes be punished by the west? WinterHold 14 1098 March 8, 2019 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  The west WinterHold 23 1888 March 6, 2019 at 2:46 am
Last Post: WinterHold