Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't the dictator regimes be punished by the west?
Why don't the dictator regimes be punished by the west?
One of the main contradictions that make me stand oblivious is the western hand-shaking with oppressive regimes in the Middle East.

The reason always repeated for this support from the western side is that the oppressive regimes are a de-facto situation that must be interacted with if the west ever wanted to stay "social".

But Arab countries and the Middle East have been exporting immigrants like crazy to the west, and its regimes blocking the path on the rest to die slowly inside the walls of its regimes.

Isn't that a contradiction for the human-rights doctrines? secular morals and "it's good to be good" are a lie to the western foreign policy; in theory; but it's non-existent in the western foreign policy if not "manipulated to the core" when dealing with the Middle East is at the table.

Why can't the western populations realize that the more the relationships and the good treatment with the dictators of the Middle East go, the more immigrants fleeing from there would stack up drowning western countries, economical interests of west will get demolished and the hate to the west will increase more and more?

Forcing sanctions on the Arab regimes and taking their heads to trial, stop selling them weapons is the only way for peace.
RE: Why don't the dictator regimes be punished by the west?
Contradictory to popular belief, the "West" isn't the overseer or protector of the world. It's just another nation (or bunch of nations, depending on your perspective) who are out to do what's best for themselves alone, just like all other nations out there.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Quote:Why don't the dictator regimes be punished by the west?

I'll give you a hint - it rhymes with 'fetroleum'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"Damned if we do, damned if we don't."
(March 7, 2019 at 6:26 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Contradictory to popular belief, the "West" isn't the overseer or protector of the world. It's just another nation (or bunch of nations, depending on your perspective) who are out to do what's best for themselves alone, just like all other nations out there.

The nuclear power of the western states is the support of the theory of it being in control; the security council of the UN is composed of 5 super powers; 3 of them are western.

So the world is ruled by a western majority; even if China/Russia's votes were enough to cancel what the council votes on. Still 3 of the VETOs are in the hands of the west.
Quote: the security council of the UN is composed of 5 super powers; 3 of them are western.

Fifteen members, 6 of which are non-Western. Only one nation on the SC is a superpower.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 7, 2019 at 8:02 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: The nuclear power of the western states is the support of the theory of it being in control; the security council of the UN is composed of 5 super powers; 3 of them are western.

So the world is ruled by a western majority; even if China/Russia's votes were enough to cancel what the council votes on. Still 3 of the VETOs are in the hands of the west.
Just because someone has the strength to bully you doesn't mean they will take responsibility of your well being, nor is it wise to expect them to.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

@AtlasS33

There is apolitical philosophy, to which I subscribe. It's called 'realpolitik", it argues that politics are about pragmatism above all..

Neither domestic nor foreign policy of any government is a based on moral principle. Policy is always based on the perceived best interest of the country concerned to a political party, to an electorate, to personal ambition.

Wars are never started on the basis of moral principle, except of course by the poor dumb bastards who do the actual dying.

There is apparently a psycho in charge of Saudi Arabia. No country will interfere unless it is in their perceived best interest. Right now the US has need of Saudi Arabia, and does not need the conflict with other Arab states should the US interfere in Saudi Arabia. It's an internal problem ,and up to the Saudis to resolve, or not.

"Realpolitik (from German: real; "realistic", "practical", or "actual"; and Politik; "politics", German pronunciation: [ʁeˈaːlpoliˌtiːk]) is politics or diplomacy based primarily on considerations of given circumstances and factors, rather than explicit ideological notions or moral and ethical premises. In this respect, it shares aspects of its philosophical approach with those of realism and pragmatism. It is often simply referred to as "pragmatism" in politics, e.g. "pursuing pragmatic policies". The term Realpolitik is sometimes used pejoratively to imply politics that are perceived as coercive, amoral, or Machiavellian.[1] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realpolitik
Hey...we could always invade and depose the current ruler, installing our own puppet.  

Can I get confirmation on that, Atlas?  Is that what you want us to do? When the world asks us by what right or authority we did that..I'll say "Atlas invited us". Jerkoff
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Why is it that people who demand that we DO SOMETHING always want that something to be what they prefer?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Need for Scapegoats in All Forms of Oppressive Regimes Leonardo17 4 605 May 5, 2023 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1086 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 1887 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee
  The west WinterHold 23 1869 March 6, 2019 at 2:46 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  The Criminal West Farah 5 451 November 28, 2018 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Farah
  And......this is why I don't vote Foxaèr 44 3945 November 8, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The west's other face WinterHold 24 2484 September 25, 2018 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why Don't You Go Jump Off A Bridge Minimalist 5 1638 March 25, 2018 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Joods
  This is why outside this forum i don't debate Politics Amarok 27 4131 January 31, 2018 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Why do Trump supporters pretend to be so shocked people don't agree with them NuclearEnergy 4 1928 June 17, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Whateverist