Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft creates Teen Girl Chatbot, it goes how you'd expect
Microsoft creates Teen Girl Chatbot, it goes how you'd expect
Yesterday, Microsoft launched Tay, a chatbot designed to mimic the speech and behavior of a teen girl.  They opened it up to Twitter, where it would: 
1) post things like
Quote:can i just say that im stoked to meet u? humans are super cool
(this is not problematic)

and

2) learn from the tweets it received.
(this is tremendously problematic)

Today, less than 24 hours later, Microsoft has revoked Tay's Twitter privileges and grounded her for saying things like:

and

and

and

and

and

So... yeah.

Sources:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/23/technolo...index.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/20...robot-wit/
http://time.com/4270684/microsoft-tay-chatbot-racism/
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
RE: Microsoft creates Teen Girl Chatbot, it goes how you'd expect
That's hilarious. Microsoft must have dummies working for them.
You're not an ugly person; you're a beautiful monkey.

Lol I thought you were joking.

All of the trolls on the internet found something to do!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Why revoked? It learned exactly what the net taught it. It's the fucking humans that couldn't take it. Bunch of pussies!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(March 24, 2016 at 3:44 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Lol I thought you were joking.

Maybe a horde of simulated girls can act as troll sinks and keep them away from the internet?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 24, 2016 at 6:56 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(March 24, 2016 at 3:44 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Lol I thought you were joking.

Maybe a horde of simulated girls can act as troll sinks and keep them away from the internet?
That's frankly a fucking phenomenal idea. Even if we tell them what's up, they won't be able to help themselves!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Tee hee. And we could program some of them to be... vocal feminists who complain about sexism in computer games. Muahahaha! The mra trolls will find their demise like flies trapped in delicious honey. Muahahaha
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Lol awesome Big Grin

Passes the Turing test for sure, that's pretty intelligent stuff for a troll really.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Damn, imagine if the fisters and myself had got to Tay before the racists !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AI Model that Creates Realistic Videos SimpleCaveman 6 254 January 30, 2024 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  Microsoft making helmets for soldiers Fake Messiah 18 1460 May 10, 2021 at 11:46 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Stanford creates Smart Toilet... Rev. Rye 6 1470 April 18, 2020 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Microsoft to dump it's computers into the sea. Succubus 26 3706 June 8, 2018 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Microsoft wins US data access case account_inactive 2 757 July 19, 2016 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  microsoft excel and VBA for office scoobysnack 20 2530 April 21, 2016 at 12:55 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Microsoft has released another bot for testing. brewer 5 1203 April 15, 2016 at 9:10 am
Last Post: brewer
  Microsoft is a pain in the ass Joods 72 10594 February 29, 2016 at 11:09 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Microsoft Orgasm bennyboy 12 3000 April 3, 2015 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Spooky action at a distance goes multicast popeyespappy 2 834 March 24, 2014 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain