Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft is a pain in the ass
Microsoft is a pain in the ass
I do not, for the life of me, understand why, if you see an error in the Event Viewer, it gives you a clickable link to Microsoft.net, directly relating to the particular Event ID. Why bother doing this if when you go to see more information about an Event ID that Microsoft created, to inform you of an issue with your computer, they tell you they couldn't find the page or such an Event ID? WTF??

What I get out of this is the following bullshit logic: 

Step one: Microsoft creates event ID's 
Step two: Microsoft enables those event ID's to alert the user to potential issues via a leveling system (ranging from informative to critical)
Step three: Microsoft gives you a clickable link under the list of events, in the General section by the More Information line. 
Step four: you click on the damn link to see more information which takes you directly to a Microsoft owned website. 
Step five: you run out of luck because Microsoft fails miserably to give you the information that they directed you to in the first place. You are then fucked. Hard.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Microsoft is a pain in the ass
That's just a test of your faith.... in M$ Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Ha ha... given what I've been through for the last three hours, I have zero faith and zero fucks to give Big Grin
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I hate Microsoft.

I also note, the DirecTV phone answering computer will allow customers to punch in the error code they are seeing on their TV screen and get an automated response. Unfortunately, they did not program in all the error codes (particularly, the ones from the HR10-250 receiver) and at that time, the system would hang up on you if you tried.

I also note the pharmacy automated phone answering system allows ZERO time from entering a # selection till when the computer starts giving you more information. Come on people, it takes a bit to get the phone up to my ear after punching buttons on the screen.

Bastards!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'm pleased with Microsoft. Can't complain.
Used to love them, now I hate them.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(February 16, 2016 at 8:31 am)Nymphadora Wrote: I do not, for the life of me, understand why, if you see an error in the Event Viewer, it gives you a clickable link to Microsoft.net, directly relating to the particular Event ID. Why bother doing this if when you go to see more information about an Event ID that Microsoft created, to inform you of an issue with your computer, they tell you they couldn't find the page or such an Event ID? WTF??

What I get out of this is the following bullshit logic: 

Step one: Microsoft creates event ID's 
Step two: Microsoft enables those event ID's to alert the user to potential issues via a leveling system (ranging from informative to critical)
Step three: Microsoft gives you a clickable link under the list of events, in the General section by the More Information line. 
Step four: you click on the damn link to see more information which takes you directly to a Microsoft owned website. 
Step five: you run out of luck because Microsoft fails miserably to give you the information that they directed you to in the first place. You are then fucked. Hard.

Hmmmm can you give an example, and say which Windows you are using?

I opened up the event viewer, located a warning with an ID of 1014, double-clicked on it, and got a popup window with useful information: the webpage that was being accessed, the nature of the problem (all DNS servers timed out) etc.

Or even better, why don' you post a few screenshots showing what's going on? Given that you tried for 3 hours, I assume you have a compromised system: BSOD, maybe? Virus?
Judi.
Unfortunately, M$ has never really been user friendly like that when it comes to errors.
Someone who know what they're doing can find it and fix it.
It involves using tools like tracing, monitoring, etc to try to find the error.
(Could it be something coincidental like a blocked CPU fan overheating the CPU?)
It could be something cryptic like a memory leak from a non compliant driver or another process eating up a huge amount of processing time due to incompatibilities or corruption as part of the upgrade.

I probably sound like the M$ people you hate but unfortunately, love it or hate it, windows is very complicated.
No different to a modern car playing up. As a user, unless you are familiar with the OB11 scanner codes and the right tools to troubleshoot a modern car yourself, then you won't find the problem. That doesn't mean the car is a bad car, right.

It's frustrating, I know.
Revert back to win7 or do a clean install or take it somewhere. There's a good chance you'll pay someone to tell you that you have to revert back or do a clean install, lol. Sorry luv.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Nymph, what exactly is the problem that you are trying so desperately to solve?
In case Mr Gates is monitoring this board, I'd like to take this opportunity to state my deep and abiding love for Microsoft. The love could be made deeper still by a large cash grant.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft making helmets for soldiers Fake Messiah 18 1387 May 10, 2021 at 11:46 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Microsoft to dump it's computers into the sea. Succubus 26 3642 June 8, 2018 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Firefox saved my ass... Jehanne 14 2756 October 12, 2016 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: RozKek
  Microsoft wins US data access case account_inactive 2 753 July 19, 2016 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  microsoft excel and VBA for office scoobysnack 20 2511 April 21, 2016 at 12:55 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Microsoft has released another bot for testing. brewer 5 1195 April 15, 2016 at 9:10 am
Last Post: brewer
  Microsoft creates Teen Girl Chatbot, it goes how you'd expect TheRealJoeFish 8 2127 March 25, 2016 at 9:42 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Microsoft Orgasm bennyboy 12 2982 April 3, 2015 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Tonus