Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope tries to stop Rolling Stones from playing in Cuba

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-ne...es-7631651

The Vatican had asked them not to play on Good Friday, even suggesting they start at midnight to avoid the holy day.

A tour insider said: “The band’s team were flabbergasted when the Vatican got in touch by letter – couldn’t believe their eyes.
“Much as they didn’t want to upset the Pope, they had a contract to play and were going to honour it.
“They have made a promise to the Cuban people and won’t let them down.”

A second source said the Stones respectfully replied to the Vatican, saying other global music events were being held on Good Friday.

I think it's simple, if you don't like the Strolling Bones playing on good Friday, don't go to see them, problem solved  Wink
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Pope tries to stop Rolling Stones from playing in Cuba
I'll respect the pontiff's opinion on when the Stones should play when he can recite all the lyrics to 'Jumpin' Jack Flash'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
So, do horny priests not fuck children on Good Friday ?

Let's see the papal order on that.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Hopefully, Sympathy for the Devil was part of the gig.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(March 27, 2016 at 10:52 am)abaris Wrote: Hopefully, Sympathy for the Devil was part of the gig.

I hope it is  Big Grin
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Fuck the pope.
I didn't know the Vatican was in Cuba. Fair enough, then. Playing a concert in the Vatican in Cuba would be very inconsiderate.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
But this is the Stones, here.  Much more important than any of this jesus bullshit.
(March 27, 2016 at 12:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Fuck the pope.

Judging by the size of the crowd reported at the concert, I'd say there are a lot of Cubans who wouldn't disagree with you.
Now he's a booking agent? I knew he was a con artist, but that's taking it to a whole 'nother level, fuck me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1293 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Stop Asking Me to Go to Church with You Rhondazvous 27 2844 May 13, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3374 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1331 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2135 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2262 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3591 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9767 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4807 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  Catholics warring against the Pope? Fake Messiah 29 7513 November 27, 2017 at 6:52 am