Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientology
Scientology
Just a question here about Scientology. It offers to treat people for their emotional problems as an alternative to psychology. I've heard it charges people for "therapy sessions". Shouldn't this bring the religion under scrutiny by professional associations or the government for possible malpractice?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Scientology
They tried that before: http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

Scientology just paid their way through the trial, digging up dirt on the accusers and covering their own ass. I don't understand how they get church status when they are clearly a dangerous cult.
What church is not a dangerous cult?
(July 23, 2010 at 3:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What church is not a dangerous cult?

Scientology is more dangerous, instead of forcing them to believe, they force them to be mentally raped out of their cash, creating poor and over-emotional train wrecks, only extremist Islam is currently more dangerous than Scientology, and it's very close.

They fight critics by digging up dirt, give it's religious members free pass of morals to the critics(rape murder torture), they infiltrate governments, burn important documents about them, and then hide it under the guise of religion, and fight against the law by destroying the courtroom(picking dirt on everybody on the courtroom)

To me they are far worse, if terrorists are Chaotic Evil, Scientologists would be Lawfull EVIIIILLLLL

Imagine a religion capable of actually creating mindless slaves, most of them can do that, but scientologists are more efficient, rapacious and organized than most religions
All that means is that Scientology is dangerous, also. It does not mean that other churches are not con games.
(July 23, 2010 at 8:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: All that means is that Scientology is dangerous, also. It does not mean that other churches are not con games.

It means that scientology is by far, much more dangerous than most religions
(July 23, 2010 at 9:07 pm)Ashendant Wrote:
(July 23, 2010 at 8:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: All that means is that Scientology is dangerous, also. It does not mean that other churches are not con games.

It means that scientology is by far, much more dangerous than most religions

Let's put it to a vote of altar boys with size 15 assholes. Or women who have been stoned by muslim assholes.
Ashendant Wrote:To me they are far worse, if terrorists are Chaotic Evil, Scientologists would be Lawfull EVIIIILLLLL

I am even worse... at least you know where you stand with them. I'm the one you should look out for: I might save your life... I might steal your car.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Technically it's not even a religion since it doesn't profess belief in a supreme deity.

It's belief system is pure Sci-Fi( not surprising since L Ron Hubbard was an SF writer)
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Yes indeed, and as far as I am aware of, it is only considered a religion in the U.S and they got that status after a long court trial! In the rest of the world it is still officially considered a cult, though it seems to piss them off extremely when you call it a cult!

And yes, the digging up dirt or even threatening people or having their people follow them around is standard practice! They actually call if "fair game"! When someone threatens then with exposure or anything, they fair game him!

One BBC documentary I saw had a doctor who specialized in mental support of people who got our of various cults! This guys research showed that people coming out of Scientology have longer lasting and more severe psychological side effect than any other cult! Freaky stuff!
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in, some of us just go one god further..." Richard Dawkins

"If the world does come to an end here, or wherever, or if it limps into the future, decimated by the effects of religion-inspired nuclear terrorism, let's remember what the real problem was that we learned how to precipitate mass death before we got past the neurological disorder of wishing for it." Bill Maher

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Phenomenon" Scientology propaganda? Fake Messiah 8 1493 April 6, 2020 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: no one
  Scientology Channel launches tonite, DirecTV 320 vorlon13 21 4593 March 13, 2018 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Leah Remini Scientology Special & New Show Shell B 74 11231 April 7, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Does Scientology deserve more scrutiny than other religions? Casca 56 8548 October 31, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Casca
  Louis Therous - My Scientology Movie Cyberman 7 1945 October 10, 2016 at 10:52 am
Last Post: racingboo
  Scientology defended .. are you kidding me? Whateverist 24 9184 May 8, 2014 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The church of scientology called me Erinome 12 7125 June 17, 2012 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Cato
  Woman imprisoned on Scientology cruise ship for 12 years Doubting Thomas 11 4199 December 1, 2011 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Church of Scientology Amphora 16 8660 November 20, 2009 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Pope Alfred