Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman imprisoned on Scientology cruise ship for 12 years
Woman imprisoned on Scientology cruise ship for 12 years
Just further proof that Scientology is a cult:

Woman imprisoned on Scientology cruise ship
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Woman imprisoned on Scientology cruise ship for 12 years
Wow....even the fucking catholics don't have a cruise ship. They are in danger of falling behind in the bad taste category.
They have a couple of boats for The Sea Org. Clearwater Harbor (and Clearwater as a whole) is HQ. There are tons of stories like this with regards to what goes on out at sea. Unfortunately scientology is pretty well known for having plenty of cash to pay armies of lawyers to push any of this under the rug. That they actively court drug addicts and others of "ill-repute" while simultaneously bilking them for money (however they care to come up with it) makes it even easier. They also file away the "confessions" people make while undergoing "auditing" (a process in which they are encouraged to air their dirty laundry to rid themselves of evil spirits). So, it's a pretty easy job to assassinate a dissenters character. If you ever want to know anything about scientology the St. Petersburg Times has you covered.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yeah I've read that before about how they record "audits" where members are urged to tell their deepest, darkest secrets, so that if they ever wise up and leave and then start speaking out against the religion, they'll have plenty of dirt with which to try to discredit them.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Yeah, that was another one of the wonderful ideas put forward by the ORT, sponsored by the GO (Office of Religious Technology/Guardians Office). It was actually kind of a small militant nutter group within a larger nutter group until they proved themselves to be so useful/fanatical in securing the town of Clearwater, FL by proxy and raiding the IRS to remove any records that might cause them trouble. The former head of this office ended up becoming top dog in scientology after L Rons death (or that moment he decided he no longer needed his immortal "clear" body, lol). The machine used in those audits is actually a sort of rudimentary lie detector. They're not audits so much as interrogations. They change pace and rythm, tone, ask you innocent or innocuos questions and then incredibly strange, aggressive, or sick questions in quick succession. As you've mentioned, a cult cut and dry.

(Speaking of discrediting those who leave. This charge was recently leveled at them by former church members, not rank and file, important people. The church denied that they would ever do such a thing...and proceeded to smear the whistleblowers by releasing their "pre-clear logs". This policy is called "Fair Game".)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
now how do we get scientologists and christian evengelicals to kill each other?
Even at the height of frenzy, sharks rarely eat their own.
You don't want a frenzy. You want to set out a bait so desirable for them both, seemingly open to either, that the biggest sharks attack each other as they zero in on it. Get a mutually assured distruction in motion to which both are blinded by passion.
Trying to update my sig ...
Already in place, the lucrative and easy to game tax laws regarding religious organizations. Just look at how many evengelical shitwits took that bait and were later indicted.
Just so.
Trying to update my sig ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tom Cruise conundrum Fake Messiah 23 2312 January 30, 2023 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Is "Phenomenon" Scientology propaganda? Fake Messiah 8 1455 April 6, 2020 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: no one
  Scientology Channel launches tonite, DirecTV 320 vorlon13 21 4553 March 13, 2018 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Leah Remini Scientology Special & New Show Shell B 74 11066 April 7, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Does Scientology deserve more scrutiny than other religions? Casca 56 8408 October 31, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Casca
  Louis Therous - My Scientology Movie Cyberman 7 1922 October 10, 2016 at 10:52 am
Last Post: racingboo
  Scientology defended .. are you kidding me? Whateverist 24 9137 May 8, 2014 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Was Hagar an Egyptian woman? dtango 6 3834 June 1, 2013 at 2:51 am
Last Post: Consilius
  The church of scientology called me Erinome 12 7114 June 17, 2012 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Cato
  Scientology DeistPaladin 24 11419 August 7, 2010 at 12:01 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused