Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church of Scientology
Church of Scientology
Saw this on my e-mail server home page:
http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Scientolo...orm=msnhal

I read part of this article today: http://www.tampabay.com/news/article1012148.ece

Quiet an interesting read, I had to stop midway cause it was getting to violent. I had to flee.

Enjoy!
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
RE: Church of Scientology
(November 16, 2009 at 3:30 pm)Amphora Wrote: Quiet an interesting read, I had to stop midway cause it was getting to violent. I had to flee.

I have OT 1-9, the History of Man, the Problems of Work and miscellaneous creepy letters that come from the CoS to my house's mailstop. I've read OT 1-9 and HoM and presented what I learned to BASS recently. I've never seen so many questions asked in the vein of "Are you shitting us?"

It is impressive to me how much these books read like bad science fiction with a tone of "I know this and you don't" and yet still be bought for 30$ a copy with a thousand dollar investment in being trained on how to read it. Hubbard is clearly mad.

I'd recommend the History of Man for starting out to understand Scientology. It allows for an objective eye to see easily how he (Hubbard) bastardizes evolution to fit his own ideology.
Ron L. Hubbard was anything but mad, he was a genius. He saw the financial potential of starting his own religion years before he started the church of Scientology.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Leo,

You beat me to it! I think Hubbard is a genius too and obviously a somewhat talented actor because he has convinced plenty of people that his ideas are serious! It does make sense to me why people are into his methods; they seem like science and promise to "clear" you of your reactive mind which sounds good.

Rhizo
I disagree that Hubbard is a genius on grounds that ridiculous pseudo religions occur all the time from Cargo cults to the next occurrence of the Moonies (Those who believe Rev. Moon is Jesus) or Harun Yahya. People will believe in things regardless of direct mind working to facilitate that belief or even with marginal minds at best, as in the case of Adnan Oktar (Harun Yahya) and his inability to comprehend evolution, still looking for "intermediate fossils" with fully developed traits. Then again, I will grant L. Ron some slack for at least explaining evolution correctly in his books so far (that I've got my hands on).
Ah, but cargo cults are created by people who do not fully comprehend how transportation works, they have no malice or special interest vested in their religion. Moonies are not the ones coming up with the religion, they roll into it. Hubbard on the other hand created the CoS understanding very well that what he preached was absolute bullshit and was a lucrative business opportunity. The followers of the CoS you can compare to the Moonies and cargo cultists, not Hubbard himself (and arguably Sun Myung Moon).

Oktar is just an islamic creationist fucktard and does not compare to any of the religion founders.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Scientology is an awsome scam, their website has videos that explain scientology supposedly, but the videos are so vague and say the generic "we believe in what is good". Almost as funny as president Bush Jr., although he didn't barf al over the president of Japan.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

lol, scientology, genius.
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
(November 18, 2009 at 9:26 pm)theblindferrengi Wrote: Scientology is an awsome scam, their website has videos that explain scientology supposedly, but the videos are so vague and say the generic "we believe in what is good". Almost as funny as president Bush Jr., although he didn't barf al over the president of Japan.

Followers of the Church of Scientology are not allowed to talk about the details of the CoS, and with good reason. You need to get vigorously brainwashed proper training in the understanding of the doctrine before you can even talk to your fellow Scientologists about Xenu in public and even then they'd rather you didn't.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
(November 19, 2009 at 5:31 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
(November 18, 2009 at 9:26 pm)theblindferrengi Wrote: Scientology is an awsome scam, their website has videos that explain scientology supposedly, but the videos are so vague and say the generic "we believe in what is good". Almost as funny as president Bush Jr., although he didn't barf al over the president of Japan.

Followers of the Church of Scientology are not allowed to talk about the details of the CoS, and with good reason. You need to get vigorously brainwashed proper training in the understanding of the doctrine before you can even talk to your fellow Scientologists about Xenu in public and even then they'd rather you didn't.

'Cause your head might asplode! No, really.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Phenomenon" Scientology propaganda? Fake Messiah 8 1493 April 6, 2020 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: no one
  Scientology Channel launches tonite, DirecTV 320 vorlon13 21 4595 March 13, 2018 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Leah Remini Scientology Special & New Show Shell B 74 11262 April 7, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Does Scientology deserve more scrutiny than other religions? Casca 56 8583 October 31, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Casca
  Louis Therous - My Scientology Movie Cyberman 7 1952 October 10, 2016 at 10:52 am
Last Post: racingboo
  Scientology defended .. are you kidding me? Whateverist 24 9188 May 8, 2014 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The church of scientology called me Erinome 12 7133 June 17, 2012 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Cato
  Woman imprisoned on Scientology cruise ship for 12 years Doubting Thomas 11 4199 December 1, 2011 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Scientology DeistPaladin 24 11478 August 7, 2010 at 12:01 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused