Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina Transgender & bathrooms
North Carolina's republican party are hiding behind "safety" masking bigotry as far as transgender use of bathrooms. Ok, now many big businesses ARE putting pressure on the governor and state governor to repeal the law.

Ok, I do have to wonder however, are these businesses doing this because it is the right thing? I am sure some are. But I am also wondering if they are not using this as a social social issue to distract from tax breaks and lack of livable wages?

I do have to say, just because one is right on social issues and equality, does not mean your economic views are good.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/business-lea...1459377292
RE: North Carolina Transgender & bathrooms
Trans-men are coming to the rescue.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/trans-ma...t-mccrory/

[Image: a63-800x430.jpg]

[Image: IJustNeedToPee-x400.jpg]

[Image: casting-trans-men-as-predators-wont-stop...k=dMXpNegZ]
Um and? Photos of men in women's bathrooms proves what? The majority of sexual assaults are not done by LGBT but heterosexual men. And most sexual assaults don't take place in bathrooms anyway. And if a man wants to assault you it won't be about the bathroom it will be about opportunity. My mother was abducted in front of her own house, a townhouse, not in a bathroom. Molestation and rape are not about location, but opportunity.

This bullshit law is basically making the assumption that transgender are criminals.

EDIT......... Ok, Got it Minn, yep  that articile does show the absurdity of the law.
(April 1, 2016 at 7:08 am)Brian37 Wrote: Um and? Photos of men in women's bathrooms proves what? The majority of sexual assaults are not done by LGBT but heterosexual men. And most sexual assaults don't take place in bathrooms anyway. And if a man wants to assault you it won't be about the bathroom it will be about opportunity. My mother was abducted in front of her own house, a townhouse, not in a bathroom. Molestation and rape are not about location, but opportunity.

This bullshit law is basically making the assumption that transgender are criminals.

I think you might of missed the point. The man was transgendered but he couldn't use the mens restroom because his true biological gender was female. So even though he looks like a man he has to by law use a womans restroom.
(April 1, 2016 at 7:13 am)Mr.wizard Wrote:
(April 1, 2016 at 7:08 am)Brian37 Wrote: Um and? Photos of men in women's bathrooms proves what? The majority of sexual assaults are not done by LGBT but heterosexual men. And most sexual assaults don't take place in bathrooms anyway. And if a man wants to assault you it won't be about the bathroom it will be about opportunity. My mother was abducted in front of her own house, a townhouse, not in a bathroom. Molestation and rape are not about location, but opportunity.

I think you might of missed the point. The man was transgendered but he couldn't use the mens restroom because his true biological gender was female. So even though he looks like a man he has to by law use a womans restroom.

I did miss the point, but you missed my "EDIT" where I said I finally got the point.

Yes, it does look stupid, and imagine the panic and possible injury it could cause.
This is more about big business. It is possible for CEOS to be socially liberal, but economically conservative so it makes me wonder how much of this is really about using social issues to protect more tax breaks and justifications for crappy wages.

It certainly is the right thing to defend transgender, and yes it is great the powerful get that part right, but it doesn't help anyone if it simply is "we're willing to starve LBGT along with heterosexuals".
Well it's a big problem for businesses. They can't know how many trans people they have as employees. They can't know whether they are sending someone to NC to be discriminated against and put at risk of physical and emotional abuse. Are they then liable if anything happens?

Regarding my earlier comment about trans men coming to the rescue, the absurdity is not just shown up by having a man forced to use a woman's toilet, but forcing women to use the men's toilets or locker rooms. I can't imagine many men would be comfortable having to hide their erections if a naked beautiful woman walked in to their locker room. How are their wives and girlfriends going to feel about that?
(April 1, 2016 at 8:03 am)Mathilda Wrote: Well it's a big problem for businesses. They can't know how many trans people they have as employees. They can't know whether they are sending someone to NC to be discriminated against and put at risk of physical and emotional abuse. Are they then liable if anything happens?

Regarding my earlier comment about trans men coming to the rescue, the absurdity is not just shown up by having a man forced to use a woman's toilet, but forcing women to use the men's toilets or locker rooms. I can't imagine many men would be comfortable having to hide their erections if a naked beautiful woman walked in to their locker room. How are their wives and girlfriends going to feel about that?

In my experience, most of the women who are comfortable enough to walk around naked in a locker room are...not the ones anyone would ever want to see. [emoji13]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 1, 2016 at 8:03 am)Mathilda Wrote: Well it's a big problem for businesses. They can't know how many trans people they have as employees. They can't know whether they are sending someone to NC to be discriminated against and put at risk of physical and emotional abuse. Are they then liable if anything happens?

Why does anyone associate public bathrooms with any type of sex, consensual or not? 

The issue with any type of sexual assault isn't about the location, but opportunity. The location is only important in terms of time and amount of people at the time of the attempt and isolation of the victim. Again, my mom was abducted in broad daylight in front of her TOWNHOUSE. But because it was a weekday and most people were at work, and you combine that with she was probably stalked for hours if not days to see her pattern, that is how they were able to do it. 

To claim a bathroom will magically cause or prevent an assault is stupid. A criminal who assaults you is concerned about the opportunity, not the location in and of itself.
I'm not letting my girls in a restroom with a man. That's fucked up!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 760 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  North Korea executed envoy for the failed summit with Trump. Anomalocaris 26 2170 June 2, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  North Carolina orders new election. Brian37 4 572 February 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  North By North Numbnuts, accomplishment. Brian37 7 1768 December 20, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  And If You Really Need To Find A Dumb Fuck, So. Carolina Is The Place To Look Minimalist 13 1265 April 7, 2018 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Trump Administration bans CDC from using terms like "Science Based" and "Transgender" Cecelia 38 4882 December 20, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  BREAKING: North Korea Has Just Fired Another Ballistic Missile A Theist 31 7528 November 30, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I Hate To Agree With North Korea Minimalist 5 852 November 1, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  North Korea calls Trump a barking dog. Jehanne 70 20169 September 22, 2017 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  6.3 mag Earthquake detected in North Korea vorlon13 35 8015 September 5, 2017 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Brian37