Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfortunate Choice of Names.....
Unfortunate Choice of Names.....
Angel 

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/george-m...w-acronym/

Quote:George Mason quickly changes name of Scalia law school after Twitter mocks ‘#ASSLaw’ acronym

Frankly, given his general outlook it seemed like a perfect choice to me.
RE: Unfortunate Choice of Names.....
Clap for the internet.
"I'm thick." - Me
Great
(April 5, 2016 at 8:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Angel 

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/george-m...w-acronym/

Quote:George Mason quickly changes name of Scalia law school after Twitter mocks ‘#ASSLaw’ acronym

Frankly, given his general outlook it seemed like a perfect choice to me.
Hell would have frozen over before Scalia would have hired a dummy from the George Mason Law School.
They were given $20 million from an "anonymous donor" to do it.  For that, they'd have called it the Adolf Hitler School of Law if the guy had wanted it!

Money talk, man.
(April 6, 2016 at 11:57 am)Minimalist Wrote: They were given $20 million from an "anonymous donor" to do it.  For that, they'd have called it the Adolf Hitler School of Law if the guy had wanted it!

Money talk, man.
Speaking of Hitler (again) there were a lot of streets named after him in New York State.  He was a very popular guy and his favorability rating exceeded that of Scalia.
Indeed you are correct.

http://untappedcities.com/2015/04/02/thi...ll-exists/

[Image: German-Gardens-Map-Yaphank-Long-Island-T...ld-001.jpg]

Amusing story, when I broke in with the IRS in 1971 one of the rights of passage was for our On-The-Job Instructors to teach us how to do property searches at the county records center.  This very map was always used for training because of its historical value.  I never bothered to visit the area and I do understand that the street signs have been changed but the approved map of the sub-division was a permanent record.
(April 7, 2016 at 2:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Indeed you are correct.

http://untappedcities.com/2015/04/02/thi...ll-exists/

[Image: German-Gardens-Map-Yaphank-Long-Island-T...ld-001.jpg]

Amusing story, when I broke in with the IRS in 1971 one of the rights of passage was for our On-The-Job Instructors to teach us how to do property searches at the county records center.  This very map was always used for training because of its historical value.  I never bothered to visit the area and I do understand that the street signs have been changed but the approved map of the sub-division was a permanent record.
Several other American towns in other States also had streets named after Hitler.
As noted on the web site:

Quote:As Shaffer writes, “support for Nazi Germany in the United States was a unique blend of German and American ideology rather than just a foreign import.” That being said, American patriotism was limited. To be a member of the German-American Bund, one had to be “Aryan,” with a mission of uniting “similar” people. Indeed, brochures for Camp Seigfried promised: “You will meet people who think like you.”

Kind of sounds like a Trump rally, huh?
(April 7, 2016 at 3:28 pm)Minimalist Wrote: As noted on the web site:

Quote:As Shaffer writes, “support for Nazi Germany in the United States was a unique blend of German and American ideology rather than just a foreign import.” That being said, American patriotism was limited. To be a member of the German-American Bund, one had to be “Aryan,” with a mission of uniting “similar” people. Indeed, brochures for Camp Seigfried promised: “You will meet people who think like you.”

Kind of sounds like a Trump rally, huh?

Actually it sounds like the brochure for the Constitutional convention of 1787 in Philadelphia.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about choice and laws in the USA ShinyCrystals 7 1002 October 15, 2023 at 10:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump names John Kelly to replace The Reince as WH Chief of Staff c172 16 3835 July 29, 2017 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  "Idiot" Would Not Have Been My First Choice Minimalist 15 3952 July 10, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Looks Like The Russkis Regret Their Choice Minimalist 24 7285 April 19, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump names Falwell Jr. to Higher Education Task Force Cecelia 8 1485 February 1, 2017 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What do you think should be the role of government? What values guides your choice? Whateverist 15 3291 July 5, 2015 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Joko
  Drugs: A moral decision, a matter of choice, or a national health risk? MusicLovingAtheist 61 6766 September 21, 2014 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Anti-Choice groups are targeting The Girl Scouts No_God 56 11845 March 8, 2014 at 12:38 am
Last Post: DamianThomas
  Pro-Birth vs Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice Savannahw 42 7355 June 19, 2013 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: callahan24
  Abortion: Pro-Choice or Pro-Life? MilesTailsPrower 142 38227 October 21, 2011 at 8:14 am
Last Post: IATIA