Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:37 am

Poll: Should abortion be illegal?
This poll is closed.
Yes
2.94%
1 2.94%
No
97.06%
33 97.06%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion: Pro-Choice or Pro-Life?
Abortion: Pro-Choice or Pro-Life?
So I'm doing this article for my health class on the viewpoints of Pro-Life supporters and Pro-Choice supporters.

How would you identify yourself as a Pro-Choice or Pro-Life supporter? What are your viewpoints on the abortion?

Background information: Abortion Background: The background of abortion stems from the court case Roe v. Wade with a 7-2 vote, which gave abortion legal standings and a "fundemental right". Shortly after, abortion became legal on Jan. 27, 1973 in all states.

Pro-Choice viewpoints:

1) Pro-Choice supporters believe that the right to abortion is a fundemental right that is recognized by the Supreme Court.

2) Pro-Choice supporters believe that fetuses are incapable of feeling pain when an abortion occurs, because they haven't formed necessary nerve pathways until the 28th week of gestation.

3) Pro-Choice supporters believe that Anti-Abortion is usually a religious standpoint to appose abortion, in which, threatens seperation of church and state.

4) Pro-Choice supporters believe that the American Medical Association (AMA) recognizes abortion as a medical procedure that meets medical practice standards, in which, the matter of legality is held with the doctors that perform these procedures, not politics.

5) Pro-Choice supporters believe that a baby should not come into this world unwanted because having a baby is a life-long commitment that requires consideration, preperation, and planning.

Pro-Life viewpoints:

1) Pro-Life supporters believe that getting an abortion is killing an innocent life, at which, begins at conception.

2) Pro-Life supporters believe that getting an abortion goes against the doctrines of their beliefs, in which, killing an innocent life goes against religious commandments.

3) Pro-Life supporters believe that getting an abortion directly contradicts the Decleration of Independance. "[A]ll men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

4) Pro-Life supporters believe that contraceptions (protection) is an alternative way to prevent unwanted pregnancies in which abortion should not be used to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

5) Pro-Life supporters believe that an abortion causes an unmeasured amount of pain during abortion, and should be illegal.
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
RE: Abortion: Pro-Choice or Pro-Life?
I hate these polls.

Of course I want people to 'choose' everything they can.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:I hate these polls.

You love these polls :d

You just can't evaluate your emotions concerning these polls long enough to love them Heart
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
Every woman has still got the right to rule over her own body. For every woman that's been raped and got pregnant, are in danger because of the pregnancy, should not have a child because of various reasons, should have the option of terminating the pregnancy safely. Point number four in the pro-life section was ridiculous, because I don't think that anyone would use abortion as a "contraceptive" method. Abortion is the last resort and (hopefully) very much meditated upon. I have a friend, who by accident got pregnant, and the abortion was the hardest decision of her life. She has always wanted children, but she was sensible and knew that she was too young and was not capable of having a child. She still wonders about it a lot. But as she said, there is no idea to bring forth a child that can't be offered a good home and a stable life.

This world is overcrowded as it is, there's no need to plop out every brat just because some nutcase suddenly had some weird emotions for a lump of cells that grows inside another woman's uterus!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Yes, especially considering they don't give a shit about the clump of cells once it's hungry.

Torture vs. death.

I choose death.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
There are plenty of reasons why an abortion could be necessary just based on health, and there are plenty of sick fucks who would rather let a mother die than admit that. I think that's reason alone to keep them legal. You may dispute the rest as you will, I'll just refer you to an article Void found some time back:

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/dis...46bd70eb25

Here was the thread, for reference: http://atheistforums.org/thread-6260.html
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(October 16, 2011 at 4:41 pm)Vaeolet Lilly Blossom Wrote: I hate these polls.

Of course I want people to 'choose' everything they can.

You hate these polls, but you want everyone to vote the way you do on them?
One thing I have noticed about pro-lifers (anti-abortionists), they have no problem killing that "innocent child" in the case of rape or incest..especially if it is the result of mixed races.
(October 16, 2011 at 4:44 pm)MilesTailsPrower Wrote:
Quote:I hate these polls.

You love these polls :d

You just can't evaluate your emotions concerning these polls long enough to love them Heart

No, I really do hate these polls.

I can evaluate my emotions very well, thank you. But I can't bring myself to care.

Oh well, I'd rather cyber-rp w/girlfriend than talk about all the reasons abortion is totally kosher with me.

[Image: abortion-demotivational-poster-1204598441.jpg]

[Image: Abortion.jpg]

There you go. Either you fucking let them have doctor supervision, or you let them deal with it at risk of death and other fun things. There is no issue with illegalizing abortion, since it's really freaking hard to accomplish eradicating it.

If you're a "pro-lifer", and you're against abortion... well guess what: fucking get used to it. Unless you plan on locking up every pregnant woman until they give birth, you cannot eliminate abortion. All you do by 'illegalizing' it is make it more dangerous for everyone involved.

And if abortion is murder, then a miscarriage is manslaughter. Go on: charge your suffering wives, daughters, girlfriends, mothers, and many other women. And a stillbirth, what's that? How about them periods... all of those potential lives flushing out of them, plenty of times even when it's interacted with a sperm on the way out. That's 'killing' that isn't even thought about, do you feel kosher with that? And hell, if you're a meat eater then what is so different about a human life and another animal's?

But fuck it... pro-lifers are concerned only with controlling others, usually with law backed by force.

I think not.

[Image: Fire_Demon_by_PopeFucker.jpg]
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(October 16, 2011 at 5:10 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: One thing I have noticed about pro-lifers (anti-abortionists), they have no problem killing that "innocent child" in the case of rape or incest..especially if it is the result of mixed races.
What?!?

---

Pro Life... but only for point 1. And only for elective abortions. Plus there's a whole grey area which have to be out of the realm of legislature.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about choice and laws in the USA ShinyCrystals 7 1015 October 15, 2023 at 10:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Pro voter tips. Gawdzilla Sama 0 165 October 21, 2020 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why is it so hard to reason with pro-lifers? Dingo 32 2225 October 12, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Dingo
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 2073 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  I'm against abortion until my mistress needs one Doubting Thomas 32 4797 October 8, 2017 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  "Idiot" Would Not Have Been My First Choice Minimalist 15 3953 July 10, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Looks Like The Russkis Regret Their Choice Minimalist 24 7302 April 19, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Samantha Bee - Pro Life? Bullshit. Minimalist 0 763 May 24, 2016 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pro-Clinton Super PAC Caught Spending $1 Million on Social Media Trolls ReptilianPeon 12 2603 April 27, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Unfortunate Choice of Names..... Minimalist 11 1727 April 7, 2016 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas