Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: The "Convert Me" Challenge: dr zakir naik
Re: The "Convert Me" Challenge: dr zakir naik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfwM2cO__j8

It's my first post in this forum, I apologize in advance if I'm posting it in the wrong section.
RE: Re: The "Convert Me" Challenge: dr zakir naik
*yawn*

Tired old arguments born out of ignorance, superstition and unimaginative thinking. Also full of a total lack of scientific understanding and that lovely old chestnut of shoehorning vague scriptures from his silly book to fit scientific knowledge 'after' they has been discovered.

I can't find any evidence of Muslims throughout the centuries trying to convince the world that they knew all about the big bang before it was theorised by science. Only 'after' did they say, told you so. That passage that they use could apply to anything but they can't see it because they are wearing the religious spectacles which gives them serious tunnel vision.

Sad really Sad

And now, something to get that vile 'taste' out of your mouth..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DFwb3zlDk
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Yawn, usual theist rubbish.

Raising questions that have already been answered.

Couldn't even be bothered to watch it all, it was so predictable.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
RE: The "Convert Me" Challenge: dr zakir naik
(July 25, 2010 at 6:33 am)Darwinian Wrote: Also full of a total lack of scientific understanding and that lovely old chestnut of shoehorning vague scriptures from his silly book to fit scientific knowledge 'after' they has been discovered.

Couldn't have said it better myself. This is a normal practice for theists. They try to take maximum advantage of vague passages from their holy book to fit proven scientific discoveries in an attempt to claim that is how their god did it and how it had already been written in scripture before scientists came across it. The passages he reads could very well mean anything. He is just conveniently trying to make them sound like they fit the scientific discovery (and he doesn't do it very well at all). Although, at least I gotta give him credit for attempting to justify scientific discoveries rather than bluntly denying them (Christians claiming the Earth is less than 10,000 years old come to mind).

I also find it funny how at the same time they ignore the large amount of inconsistencies and claims which have been long disproved by science that can be found in the same book.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
Standard stages of how religion deals with scientific discovery:

1. REJECTION: Condemn the discovery as blasphemous against the faith, as the scriptures clearly say otherwise.

2. ANGER: Persecute anyone who supports the new theory based on the discovery. Destroy any evidence they can find.

3. DENIAL: Having failed to suppress the theory, they provide alternate ideas (pseudo-science) and call for freedom of debate. Insist that there's a "controversy" and "all sides" should be included in the education of our children. Advancing the theory as fact is met with distain by believers, as if it were dubious or disputed, even if supported by the entire scientific community.

4. ACCEPTANCE: Once the faith-friendly-pseudo-science promoted by the church collapses, they embrace the scientific theory as miraculous confirmation of their scriptures. Obscure (and often vaguely worded) passages in scripture are dragged out and wrenched out of context to be interpreted to support the knowledge discovered by science. These passages are happily copied and pasted all over atheist forums everywhere as proof of the divine origin of the scriptures. All the theologians from history who persecuted those who advanced the scientific theory are reviled as "not true (fill in name of the faithful here)". These fools misunderstood the true meaning of the scriptures.

5. WASH, RINSE, REPEAT: New scientific theory is discovered. Return to step one. Let the dragging, kicking and screaming commence.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(July 28, 2010 at 9:35 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: Standard stages of how religion deals with scientific discovery:

1. REJECTION: Condemn the discovery as blasphemous against the faith, as the scriptures clearly say otherwise.

2. ANGER: Persecute anyone who supports the new theory based on the discovery. Destroy any evidence they can find.

3. DENIAL: Having failed to suppress the theory, they provide alternate ideas (pseudo-science) and call for freedom of debate. Insist that there's a "controversy" and "all sides" should be included in the education of our children. Advancing the theory as fact is met with distain by believers, as if it were dubious or disputed, even if supported by the entire scientific community.

4. ACCEPTANCE: Once the faith-friendly-pseudo-science promoted by the church collapses, they embrace the scientific theory as miraculous confirmation of their scriptures. Obscure (and often vaguely worded) passages in scripture are dragged out and wrenched out of context to be interpreted to support the knowledge discovered by science. These passages are happily copied and pasted all over atheist forums everywhere as proof of the divine origin of the scriptures. All the theologians from history who persecuted those who advanced the scientific theory are reviled as "not true (fill in name of the faithful here)". These fools misunderstood the true meaning of the scriptures.

5. WASH, RINSE, REPEAT: New scientific theory is discovered. Return to step one. Let the dragging, kicking and screaming commence.
The five stages of grief are:
Denial- They deny the scientific theory has proven
Anger- They physically try to destroy the scientific theory
Bargaining- They try to find ways for the theory to fit
Depression- They get sad because they begin to doubt their religion
Acceptance- They either accept that religion is not real OR they accept that religion and science are separate OR they think god works in mysterious way.
Oddly, it doesn't matter if you wrap this bullshit in a turban or a rosary bead it always smells the same.
This is the same shit as those who claim the "prophesies" of Nostradamus are true, all the "proof" comes after the events have happened.

Now we know that the "prophesies" were written by a man...................same as the Moohamood "prophesies................written by a man,

All man made garbage to subdugate other people

A
EE WA EE WA, WIGGY WIGGY WIGGY, PLUNGA A PLUNGA A
Prophecies always come true if you want to interpret them in just the right way to make them fit events that have transpired.

I did an experiment once with my Dilbert monthly calender. I pretended that I believed that the joke on that month would foretell events that would happen that month. Sure enough, I could always look back and find some reason to justify the belief.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Convert me if you can DeistPaladin 152 51299 August 12, 2022 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Zakir Naik speaks about the French cartoons. WinterHold 30 4741 November 14, 2020 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I'm sorry, Hamza Tzortzis , and Zakir Naik. WinterHold 24 5052 December 30, 2017 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran. Mystic 67 13616 November 20, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 13933 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Zakir Naik's Peace TV has been banned in Bangladesh and India ReptilianPeon 0 988 July 19, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Dr Zakir Naik islamic-televangelist preaching homophobia flyingPig 18 3649 January 30, 2016 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Guy at my school trying to convert me to Islam. How do i respond? comed 48 7638 November 14, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: GoHalos1993
  A Challenge to Every Muslim on Planet Earth Nintentacle 0 817 November 5, 2014 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Nintentacle
  Ex muslims challenge atheists to face Islam Richi1 5 3106 December 29, 2013 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist