Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
islam stipulates PEACE through indiscriminate violence
islam stipulates PEACE through indiscriminate violence
Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,
Chapter 5, verse 33, Quran
Hail Apostasy!
RE: islam stipulates PEACE through indiscriminate violence
Preaching to the choir mate.
I'm sure it goes hand-in-hand with the barbaric culture which created it.
In other words:

Allah doesn't do shit, so go do his dirty work for him.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Barbaric culture didn't create it. Islam created the barbaric culture. It was a counter culture to pagan Arabia of those times where freedom of speech was widespread which is evident by the number of poets during the times of Islam's birth. However, Muhammad ordered execution of many prominent poets who used the contemporary culture of criticism through poetry. A few notable casualties were Abu Afak, Asma Binte Marwan and Abdullah bin Khatal etc. Furthermore, Jews and Christians lived peacefully with Pagans back then. Muslims started killing or converting all other people by making lame excuses and brought the pluralistic society to an end.
Hail Apostasy!
(April 19, 2016 at 2:45 pm)driver82 Wrote: Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,
Chapter 5, verse 33, Quran

I am not for the west lowering it's standards to any violent groups or individuals, and I have said I will not be part of demagoguery by use of blanket assumption of guilt. That is the kind of fear that leads to genocide, just like it did with Jews and Native Americans and the lynching of blacks and slavery.

BUT, having said that, at the Middle East has far too much theocracy based on political Islam, and nobody should be afraid of questioning the Hadiths, the Mohammed character or the Quran. 

I really hate the literal word for word interpretation of ANY holy book, not just the Quran, but the Bible and OT as well. I really wish all three would ditch the idea that any one group on a planet of 7 billion that a sky hero favors one over all others. That is the core source of why none of you can get along. 

I'm sorry followers of Islam you have to understand, you can argue all you want that your god exists, but everyone does that. But it still remains in reality you will not take over the entire planet, nobody will. I'd suggest you do what the west has done, put human beings first, put human rights first, and stop insisting on old honor code tribal interpretations of that book. 

It is not "mercy" or "justice" to rule by fear and demand the submission of others, that is tyranny, and I don't like it when Christians threaten me with their god either. And I do say the same thing to them as I do to Muslims. If your god is all powerful, and has a beef with me, why would it need you to punish me for him? Are you saying your god cant handle his own dirty work on his own?

I am under no illusion, and nobody should be under any illusion that any one religion can be wiped off the face of the planet by force, not Christianity, not Islam not Jewish. But this planet is too small now to have this fighting continue. We have issues of pollution, global poverty, climate change to worry about. I really think if you value a kind god, then that god should value humans regardless if they follow him or not, and not be so petty as to worry more about mere blasphemy or  name calling. What should matter to the world is less violence, not murdering each other over merely getting offended.
(April 19, 2016 at 3:12 pm)driver82 Wrote: Barbaric culture didn't create it. Islam created the barbaric culture. It was a counter culture to pagan Arabia of those times where freedom of speech was widespread which is evident by the number of poets during the times of Islam's birth. However, Muhammad ordered execution of many prominent poets who used the contemporary culture of criticism through poetry. A few notable casualties were Abu Afak, Asma Binte Marwan and Abdullah bin Khatal etc. Furthermore, Jews and Christians lived peacefully with Pagans back then. Muslims started killing or converting all other people by making lame excuses and brought the pluralistic society to an end.

Nope sorry, this is where I disagree with you. I do agree that the Hadiths and Quran DO contain violence yes and those words are used as weapons and I do agree that the Middle East is stuck in it's own dark ages. 

But no, they didn't invent religiously justified barbarity. Christianity is much older and even in the Americas we've had genocide, and slavery and sexism and homophobia. 

You can only argue time frame in that the Quran isn't as widely watered down as much as the west does with religion as far as interpretation. But the barbaric language was around in the bible and OT, long before Mo. It certainly does not justify the start of pouring gas on the fire, which your argument would be better to make with the Mo character, but the violent tribal god is the same one of all three. You can only argue that the first Muslims simply took the tribal god and decided that they'd be more literal with their barbarity, but they didn't invent the idea, and even Christianity today although tamped down by secular law, still has justifications in the bible excusing violence as well.
(April 19, 2016 at 2:53 pm)robvalue Wrote: In other words:

Allah doesn't do shit, so go do his dirty work for him.

The same can be said for the God of Jesus when Christians threaten us with punishment. Either way, why cant humans stay out of a beef they are no part of? If your god has a beef with me, not you, let him take care of it, but once you act on his behalf seems to me you don't really believe he is all powerful. 

An all powerful god needs a finite mortal body guard? Really? He doesn't need one? Great, then why don't you stay the fuck out of it and leave that beef between me and him.
Yeah, it's a bit stupid. It portrays God as a feeble little quivering cretin that needs 24 hour guarding, even from hearing insults!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 21, 2016 at 8:03 am)robvalue Wrote: Yeah, it's a bit stupid. It portrays God as a feeble little quivering cretin that needs 24 hour guarding, even from hearing insults!

To claim an all poweful god can beat the shit out of you and squash you like a bug ok. But when you step in front of it you look stupid. I always get the image of a midget standing spread eagle in in front of the Terminator shouting "Don't hit my God, you might hurt him!" How the fuck can a mere mortal hurt a god? And especially with even mere words?

And then they claim he is all loving on top of that? Really? So this god is more concerned that you don't call him names and that is more important than famine and disease and crime and war? What kind of petty god do you have with such a glass jaw that it is concerned with getting called names?

And this goes with all religions, the real reason humans get bent out of shape, isn't that a real god exists, they get bent out of shape because the thought of being wrong frightens them. They are protecting their egos, not a real super natural being.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Freedom and peace in the Qur'an KuranMumini19 46 4949 May 7, 2020 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic Reflection]: Jonah -peace be upon him- and the whale WinterHold 22 3585 December 26, 2019 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: no one
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7729 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  I read through the 6 sunni hadiths now Sora0213 9 951 September 16, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 13555 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Moses peace be upon him, very short tale. WinterHold 18 4178 March 8, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Violence in Islam momo666 28 3589 February 24, 2017 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Zakir Naik's Peace TV has been banned in Bangladesh and India ReptilianPeon 0 980 July 19, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  The West's Response to Islam and violence...... Brian37 16 3121 May 18, 2016 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: dom.donald
  Tomi Lahren: Does The Koran Advocate Violence? mralstoner 13 4338 July 31, 2015 at 1:29 am
Last Post: mralstoner