Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for more online friends
Looking for more online friends
Hi, my name is Dan, and I have been an atheist for two years. I love watching videos on YouTube by users such as DarkMatter2525, Edward Current, NonStampCollector, and other brilliant minds, and it has inspired me to make a few videos myself. I'll post a link to one of my pride and joys below.

Basically, I have very few atheist connections in real life, so I've turned to social networking sites such as Facebook to meet up with other atheists. I am also a member of a couple other atheist forums, but wanted to expand my base a bit more.

Hmmmm, let's see, what else. Well, I was raised a Christian, but I won't go into detail about that yet. I have a long-winded testimony on my blog which I can share later. Basically, I had an awakening in 2008, and took many months to realize that I was no longer a Christian. By Easter of 2009, I was out. I find it highly significant, as the Christian holiday symbolizes a rising from the dead, which is how I see my new atheist life. From death to life. I was trapped and in prison, and now I'm free!

Anyway, I wanted to share this video I made last year, but only posted on YouTube recently. Please do spread it around, as I see it as an important message. If you have a YouTube account, please do rate! It's had a few thumbs down, likely from theists who disagree with it, but they'll have to get over it. After all, it's possible to be good without God!

I look forward to joining in the many threads, and hope I can contribute well! Thanks!

RE: Looking for more online friends
Welcome! Smile
Hey Dan! Welcome to the forums of smart, handsome, wonderful and absolutely charming atheist and some dorky theists Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Thanks for the welcomes!
Now THIS. THIS is a nice, full, good introduction.

All you lurkers: note it! When you introduce yourselves: do it like this. Heart

Welcome DanielShcaffiro, and mind you don't take me seriously Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Welcome Daniel, have fun here and don't be too serious unless the topic warrants it. Again, welcome to AF!
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
(June 2, 2011 at 3:32 pm)Rhage Wrote: Welcome Daniel, have fun here and don't be too serious unless the topic warrants it. Again, welcome to AF!

A notation... there are not topics here that warrant seriousness. Have fun Heart
Thanks again! And Aerzia...if you shouldn't be taken seriously, then do you mean my introduction was actually NOT a nice full, good introduction? Ha! But thanks for the kinds welcome! (Oh, and I can't be taken seriously either....seriously! :-) )
(June 2, 2011 at 5:32 pm)DanielSchaffiro Wrote: Thanks again! And Aerzia...if you shouldn't be taken seriously, then do you mean my introduction was actually NOT a nice full, good introduction? Ha! But thanks for the kinds welcome! (Oh, and I can't be taken seriously either....seriously! :-) )

Not taking me seriously doesn't mean I am lying to you Heart

I am however, certainly screwing with your heads, because I find it fun, you hydra! Heart
(June 2, 2011 at 2:02 pm)DanielSchaffiro Wrote:

Damn this almost made me cry!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for like-minded people, I found this forum! LivingForever 33 4006 November 3, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  looking for an intilectual sparing partner Soldat Du Christ 74 7679 October 24, 2016 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  hallo friends! isingthereforeiam 18 2640 May 2, 2016 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Joods
  Another man looking for truth Dayron 41 6216 August 18, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
Tongue Looking for a place to belong pocket god 18 3049 May 26, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  Raised as a Christian - looking for discussion GriffinHunter 32 7026 March 19, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Hello all of my new logical thinking friends! lezbehonest 52 5981 August 11, 2014 at 11:09 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Hey everyone looking for a fresh start teslafie 3 1182 July 1, 2014 at 8:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Tongue Looking for some atheists friends,Would like to widen my skills in debating. MountainsWinAgain 16 3203 May 22, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Hello, is it you i'm looking for? I can see it in your eyes... djkamilo 13 2568 January 4, 2014 at 4:52 am
Last Post: Aractus