Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Know What? Fix Your Own Fucking Problems
You Know What? Fix Your Own Fucking Problems
Why does the West keep getting dragged into this muslim shithole?  Because they keep asking.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/...w-it-must/

Quote:Libya's new prime minister has accused the West of abandoning the country after helping oust dictator Moammar Gaddafi and says it bears a responsibility for helping solve the resulting chaos, in an article in the Telegraph.

Fayez al-Sarraj said the international community’s subsequent lack of support left the country mired in civil war , in some of his first comments since his UN-brokered unity government was formed in December.
RE: You Know What? Fix Your Own Fucking Problems
Damned if we do, damned if we don't....and then people wonder why we don't give a shit who damns us and for what. It's just noise, for us, at this point.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
As I recall the whole point of the limited NATO action was to stop Qaddafi from massacring the civilian population of Benghazi. 

As noted, that seems to have been the only thing that the UN could agree upon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/07...09756.html

Quote:In 2012, you hailed the NATO operation in Libya as a model for intervention. Do you still perceive it that way?

The intervention at the time was designed to do three things: to make sure there was an arms embargo enforced on Gaddafi, that the people who were being attacked by government forces were protected and in some ways to provide the space and time for the people of Libya to decide their own future.
If you look at those goals they were all met. The impending disaster of an attack by Gaddafi’s forces on Benghazi was halted, over time the ability of Gaddafi’s forces to attack civilians declined, the arms embargo was kept in place and the people of Libya were given the opportunity to decide matters about their future by themselves.
Unfortunately, the way Libya has evolved demonstrates that just because you give people the opportunity to decide their own future they don’t always decide in the right or best way — in the way that we would have wanted. So the situation in Libya has gone from bad to worse and is horrific in many dimensions. The future doesn’t look much brighter.

Luckily for us when the Syria situation rolled around we had a man in the White House with a sense of pattern recognition and not a fucking crazy warmongering shitball like Bush.  Obama learned the painful lesson that you just cannot help some people.
Maybe it's too bad NATO didn't step in to prevent Nixon from killing Kent State students.  https://www.awesomestories.com/images/us...9d09c7.gif
Do we get to send in a hand picked dictator of your own choosing? We've done it before.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
That rarely works out in the long run, either.
(May 15, 2016 at 5:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Why does the West keep getting dragged into this muslim shithole?  Because they keep asking.

Well, we helped creating this shithole. By ousting the stabilizing factor. I know, I know, cynical, but if you haven't got any plans for the day after, better keep your hands off the hot plate. That's my major problem with western interventions anyway. Not knowing shit from shinola, but still feeling the need to intervene. Because Gaddaffi bad, Ugha, Bugha.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I keep wondering what else we can do with these people.

1-  Somalia.  Bush the Smarter sought to send in troops to protect aid workers who were trying to feed starving Somalis in the middle of a civil war.  Didn't work.  Eventually every one pulled out and the situation was worse than ever.  There was no government to deal with, only a clique of feuding warlords.

2-  Afghanistan.  We backed one group of shitheads (the Northern Alliance) against another group of shitheads (the Taliban) who overthrew the government and took over.  They were as big a bunch of scumbags as the Taliban.  Bush the Dumber lost interest when bin Laden got away which has led to a Taliban resurgence.

3-  Iraq.  Bush the Dumber - for reasons of his own - fucked up the whole region for the next century by overthrowing the government and trying to give "democracy" to assholes who think "majority rules" means you can exterminate anyone you don't like.   They have behaved accordingly.

4-  Libya.  The government was blasting rebels and we joined in preventing ( France actually carried out more airstrikes than anyone else in the coalition probably because we were up to our armpits in the two aforementioned disasters)   Qaddafi's army from exterminating the people of Benghazi and points east.  Having been given that breathing space the rebels turned out to be every bit as bunch a primitive fuckwits as Qaddafi's troops.  See #3, above.

5  Yemen- This time we did almost nothing but watched our Saudi allies make a mess of things.  We threw in an occasional drone strike when we could pretend that we had identified an actual enemy.

6- Egypt.  A popular uprising resulted in the election of a radical islamic government which we did not like.  We sat by quietly while the Army moved to put the oppressors back in power.

7-  Syria.  The government was blasting rebels and Obama actually observed what had happened in Libya and decided not to get involved in spite of his own rhetoric to the contrary.  Republicunts hate him for that but they already hated him so no loss there.  We did try a couple of almost comical attempts to recruit "moderate elements" to form a fighting force against Assad.  I'm sure the 50 guys we ended up with scared him into pissing his pants. 

So, you tell me.  What's left.  We've tried doing nothing.  Doing everything.  And half-measures and none of it has worked.  At what point do we finally fucking realize that you cannot solve every problem in the world by dropping bombs on it?
(May 15, 2016 at 7:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: That rarely works out in the long run, either.

Did they ask for a permanent fix?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Should have left Qaddafi alone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They’re All Fucking Short-Bus People brewer 20 1286 May 21, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  All the god-ding in the world couldn't fix him arewethereyet 17 1326 May 12, 2021 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  More entitled white woman problems. brewer 62 2912 December 30, 2020 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  This needs it's own thread. Brian37 15 631 November 3, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Satanic Temple beating fundies at their own game Peebothuhlu 2 471 August 9, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: no one
  Health care people and first responders - let us know how you are. arewethereyet 22 1896 April 26, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Shot in her own home! Brian37 119 7475 October 16, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Fucking Catholic Sacks of Shit Minimalist 0 438 October 28, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Jesus Fucking Christ....Florida Got Hammered! Minimalist 30 1435 October 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Nakara
  Fucking Rudy Giuliani Minimalist 1 331 August 29, 2018 at 11:56 am
Last Post: vorlon13