Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Highway To Hell
Highway To Hell
My name is Raymond Sheen,call me Ray. I am an atheist,32 years old and my wife died tragicly from cancer last summer. She was a christian. not the church going type but she was a christian when she was a kid and remained one until her death.

I was reading on another blog site something someone they said was from here posted on what the bible really teaches about hell and it just blew me away. I want to learn from that person what the bible really teaches. I have some questions about hell but I want to learn as much as I can about all of it.

I dont want to do this to become a christian. Lets make that clear. I guess I just want to learn something about what my wife believed because when she was alive I wouldn't listen and I guess I just want to know where she is and if she is ok. At least from her point of view.

I can only get on here every once in a while so if I miss you leave a message. This sort of thing is all new to me, i hate computers.
RE: Highway To Hell
Hi and welcome to the forum. My sympathies for your loss.

Now that is ironic. The very person you are talking about was just banned.

Here is the thread though: http://atheistforums.org/thread-341.html
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Hi Raymond.

Sorry to hear about your wife. As far as I've been able to work out, the bible simply teaches that hell is simply not being resurrected.

This whole business with the fire and eternal damnation was put about by the catholic church to keep the hoards in line and to be able to threaten them with something is they didn't do as they were told.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(December 16, 2008 at 11:00 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Hi and welcome to the forum. My sympathies for your loss.

Now that is ironic. The very person you are talking about was just banned.

Here is the thread though: http://atheistforums.org/thread-341.html

Yes that is the one. i didnt realize he was banned. He is posting on the other place where Iseen the blog the first time and I am talking to him there. Thanks for your helf.
He hasn't been banned from my blog forums, mainly because he hasn't been posting that often and the forum over there is pretty dead anyway. I only have it so people can start discussions about the blog if they want to.
Now that I realise this was Daystar all along I have to say that even by his standard this is sick. Pretending his "wife" died from cancer in order to laud it over people is really really wrong.
Indeed. As of now I'm taking this comment back:

(December 16, 2008 at 9:13 am)rjh Wrote: he's banned. Which is a shame really, I really liked him.
Hoi Zaeme.
(December 17, 2008 at 9:13 am)Tiberius Wrote: Now that I realise this was Daystar all along I have to say that even by his standard this is sick. Pretending his "wife" died from cancer in order to laud it over people is really really wrong.

Indeed, that was sick!

Good riddance to him. Lying about his wife's death from cancer is a very sick thing to do.Dodgy
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(December 17, 2008 at 2:58 pm)Ace Wrote:
(December 17, 2008 at 9:13 am)Tiberius Wrote: Now that I realise this was Daystar all along I have to say that even by his standard this is sick. Pretending his "wife" died from cancer in order to laud it over people is really really wrong.

Indeed, that was sick!

Good riddance to him. Lying about his wife's death from cancer is a very sick thing to do.Dodgy

My dad died from cancer this year =[.
On an Islamic forum that I am on.. they compared being gay to having cancer =[. lol.

Gee.. this guy wasn't on the forum for long.

Hrmm.. I wonder if there are people on this forum that I know from real life.
*spooky music*
Quote:Gee.. this guy wasn't on the forum for long.

Actually this character had been a member for a while. His Raymond account is his second account. his first account is "daystar" and he was banned earlier in which he produced this account (raymond) and used it to mass spam everyone. He even resulted to lying to keep his identity hidden.

Originally he was given a months ban but the ban had to be put to permanent because he violated two other rules by making a second account and using it to mass spam.

He won't be coming back.Wink
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.