Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's getting uglier by the day
It's getting uglier by the day
Most of you know that Europe is ravaged by rightwing extremism right now. My country is smack in the Middle of it. Following the news, there's not a single day that goes by without some property damage, attacks on refugee shelters or prominent persons, who provide aid to refugees.

I don't post any links because it's only on our national news and links leading to news in german wouldn't be that helpful. This night the car of a Caritas official has been sprayed with xenophobic slogans. Say what you will about the Caritas but they at least help when help is needed, regardless of the particular religion or it's absence.

Just a couple of days ago, a lecture on how to deal with refugees at Klagenfurt university has been disturbed by rightwingers, barging in, chanting slogans and sucker punching the rector.

Few days earlier a refugee shelter in upper Austria went up in flames, after molotov cocktails had been thrown through the windows at night.

We have the tradition of maipoles, and sure enough, one of them has been "decorated" with a flag flying the Swastika at night, about a month ago.

Now, my parents always told me aboiut the times between the wars, when they were kids or teenagers. What ther Nazis did before Hitler was marching in. This is pretty much the same, growing on the fertile soil of what the rightwing populist party, the so called "Freedom Party", is preaching on a daily basis. Just ten years ago, I never thought I would see the day, when things like that become an issue again. The turds feel safe enough to leave the anus and to leave their brown imprints on the country.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: It's getting uglier by the day
Yeah, there seems to be a lot of polarization going on in Western society nowadays. How quickly we forget!

I see both, the left and the right as threats to be honest. Pretty much any extremist is.
(June 11, 2016 at 1:11 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I see both, the left and the right as threats to be honest. Pretty much any extremist is.

And leftist extremists are currently a comparable problem in Europe? I must have overlooked them.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

There's good and bad on both sides. The right, especially the alt-right, with wanting gay marriage to be illegal. And then there's me, who is pro-social democracy. I think the government can be a good thing, if it takes care of its weakest, and doesn't splurge on, say, public art. I need my government in order to live. But I understand the common worry for freedom.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(June 11, 2016 at 1:07 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Yeah, there seems to be a lot of polarization going on in Western society nowadays. How quickly we forget!

Frankly, I don't see it as polarization. The extreme right is gaining and all the others try to preserve what we achieved in the last 70+ years. There's no extreme left to speak of, apart from a few strays surfacing at certain demonstrations and trying their hands at some violence of their own.

I haven't got the exact numbers without looking them up, but rightwing violence has increased by a few 100 percent only in the last year. They published the results and they're in the public domain. It's a frightening increase.
(June 11, 2016 at 12:40 pm)abaris Wrote: Most of you know that Europe is ravaged by rightwing extremism right now. My country is smack in the Middle of it. Following the news, there's not a single day that goes by without some property damage, attacks on refugee shelters or prominent persons, who provide aid to refugees.

I don't post any links because it's only on our national news and links leading to news in german wouldn't be that helpful. This night the car of a Caritas official has been sprayed with xenophobic slogans. Say what you will about the Caritas but they at least help when help is needed, regardless of the particular religion or it's absence.

Just a couple of days ago, a lecture on how to deal with refugees at Klagenfurt university has been disturbed by rightwingers, barging in, chanting slogans and sucker punching the rector.

Few days earlier a refugee shelter in upper Austria went up in flames, after molotov cocktails had been thrown through the windows at night.

We have the tradition of maipoles, and sure enough, one of them has been "decorated" with a flag flying the Swastika at night, about a month ago.

Now, my parents always told me aboiut the times between the wars, when they were kids or teenagers. What ther Nazis did before Hitler was marching in. This is pretty much the same, growing on the fertile soil of what the rightwing populist party, the so called "Freedom Party", is preaching on a daily basis. Just ten years ago, I never thought I would see the day, when things like that become an issue again. The turds feel safe enough to leave the anus and to leave their brown imprints on the country.

So you have a herd of refugees with skimpy educations and you want to put them into universities while you displace your own citizens.  No wonder people are pissed off.  They need to beat the hell out of the do-gooders.
(June 11, 2016 at 1:25 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(June 11, 2016 at 1:11 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I see both, the left and the right as threats to be honest. Pretty much any extremist is.

And leftist extremists are currently a comparable problem in Europe? I must have overlooked them.

Read my post again, or as many times as you need. Now quote the part where I said they were a comparable problem. They're not, as it stands the far-right are worse. I was merely saying I see them both as threats.
(June 11, 2016 at 1:42 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: So you have a herd of refugees with skimpy educations and you want to put them into universities while you displace your own citizens.  No wonder people are pissed off.  They need to beat the hell out of the do-gooders.

You clearly didn't understand a single word. No surprises, since it's way above the paygrade of what you call brain. And yes, it's an insult, since you have proven to be one of the shits ruining it for the rest of us.
(June 11, 2016 at 1:49 pm)abaris Wrote:
(June 11, 2016 at 1:42 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: So you have a herd of refugees with skimpy educations and you want to put them into universities while you displace your own citizens.  No wonder people are pissed off.  They need to beat the hell out of the do-gooders.

You clearly didn't understand a single word. No surprises, since it's way above the paygrade of what you call brain. And yes, it's an insult, since you have proven to be one of the shits ruining it for the rest of us.

When nitwits sell out their own country they should expect some heavy criticism.

"Refugees angry over Ramadan meals set fire to German shelter, police say"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016...e-to-germ/

"On average, each Middle Eastern refugee resettled in the United States costs an estimated $64,370 in the first five years, or $257,481 per household."
http://cis.org/High-Cost-of-Resettling-M...n-Refugees

"SWEDISH GOVERNMENT KICKS LOCAL FAMILY OUT OF HOME, GIVES IT TO MUSLIM MIGRANTS"
http://www.infowars.com/swedish-governme...-migrants/

"A woman in Germany is being evicted from her home of 23 years to make way for asylum-seekers, in the second such case to emerge."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...ugees.html

"Monza: Italian family evicted to make room for refugees"
"Monza, Triante District: Residence with 50 would-be refugees. The only Italian family is under threat of eviction, they must leave the house to make room for incoming immigrants."
https://forzanuova-us.org/2016/06/06/mon...-refugees/

The sooner the people run their silly-assed leaders out of the government the better off they will be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm Getting Real Down On Elizabeth Warren AFTT47 17 1673 November 3, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Find out how much you're getting screwed... Jehanne 112 20184 April 11, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What are those die hard Trump defenders getting in return for their loyalty? NuclearEnergy 16 4782 July 12, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  The World Is Getting Dangerous Minimalist 31 3038 January 5, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why are democrats usually uglier compared to republicans? Cobainism 198 23942 December 3, 2016 at 1:56 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why is Trump Getting So Many Delegates if the Repubs Hate Him So Much? Rhondazvous 37 4181 March 24, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Republicunt Base Is Getting Stupider By The Day Minimalist 1 667 March 14, 2016 at 9:41 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Big Brother Keeps Getting Bigger. Minimalist 18 1795 November 3, 2014 at 8:20 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Texas Teacher Fired For Getting Pregnant Out of Wedlock Diamond 1 1754 April 12, 2012 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: Matt231
  Many that pushed for ObamaCare now getting waivers Mishka 21 6076 December 9, 2010 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn