Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find out how much you're getting screwed...
Find out how much you're getting screwed...
...if you are:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017...lator.html
RE: Find out how much you're getting screwed...
I'll do better ... for five years, until my cuts expire in order to fund the cuts handed out to corporations. Make hay while the sun shines, I suppose.

$20 cut before my taxes go up in 5 years in order to pay for welfare for billionaires. Hoo boy! I'm going to be rolling in money for sure.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
About 4 times a week Smile
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 22, 2017 at 10:44 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: About 4 times a week Smile

Your husband is a lucky man.

That's about a months worth for me.
Sad

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Wipe that avatar smile off your screen; if it's not for procreation, then you're in mortal sin!
(December 22, 2017 at 12:40 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:

Your husband is a lucky man.

Sad

In Catholicism married couples are not supposed to deny each other of sex unless there is legitimate reason. "I'm not in the mood", is usually not a good enough reason unless there is something else going on. Otherwise, if you're simply just not feeling horny, try harder. For your spouse.

(Eta, those last couple sentences were not directed at you. They are directed at the People who withhold sex from their spouse simply because they're not feeling horny.)
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 22, 2017 at 1:45 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(December 22, 2017 at 12:40 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Your husband is a lucky man.

Sad

In Catholicism married couples are not supposed to deny each other of sex unless there is legitimate reason. "I'm not in the mood", is usually not a good enough reason unless there is something else going on. Otherwise, if you're simply just not feeling horny, try harder. For your spouse.

That is not how the Mrs sees it.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Hmm... sorry Sad

-walsh
(December 22, 2017 at 1:45 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(December 22, 2017 at 12:40 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Your husband is a lucky man.

Sad

(Eta, those last couple sentences were not directed at you. They are directed at the People who withhold sex from their spouse simply because they're not feeling horny.)

That kind of gives me pause, given the existence of Marital Rape, but just as long as Catholic Man isn't doing shit like this:

I hope it's not too bad.

Also, while I don't do my family's taxes (my Dad does), I managed to estimate that it would appear my family is in for a $580 tax cut.

(December 22, 2017 at 12:41 pm)Jehanne Wrote:

Wipe that avatar smile off your screen; if it's not for procreation, then you're in mortal sin!

Also, I went to a Catholic high school and it seems that the sin is in not being open to the possibility, at least, where the Church is concerned. Sex for pleasure seems to be fine as long as you're prepared for the possibility that it'll result in a child in nine months.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm Getting Real Down On Elizabeth Warren AFTT47 17 1673 November 3, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  what I Find Really Stupid Rhondazvous 24 1801 April 13, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The U.S. is so screwed :( Figbash 8 619 October 22, 2018 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does the media give too Trump too much attention GODZILLA 9 1320 October 21, 2018 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Jade-Green Stone
  Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America GODZILLA 25 3073 July 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why are those who support Trump defending him so much GODZILLA 14 1686 June 14, 2018 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Philosophy of Politics. UK has too much pussies nowadays too : 3 Duriu 7 1536 May 6, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Find out what your political ideology is Aegon 32 8410 September 21, 2017 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Guess What Else The WLB Is About To Find Out Is "Complicated." Minimalist 4 1326 August 10, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I want to know, why do these people hate Obama so much? NuclearEnergy 42 14997 July 21, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Jehanne