Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An alligator's snack at Disney
Surprised no one has mentioned it.

Body found of child attacked by alligator at Disney hotel

Quote:Investigators killed four alligators while searching for a boy who was attacked and dragged into a lake Tuesday night

None of the alligators killed showed signs of having attacked the child

An alligator dragged a 2-year-old boy into the water near Disney's upscale Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in Orlando, Fla., Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The body of a 2-year-old boy snatched by an alligator in a lake at a Disney hotel has been recovered, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-w...71167.html
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: An alligator's snack at Disney
(June 15, 2016 at 11:05 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: Surprised no one has mentioned it.[...]

http://atheistforums.org/thread-43575.html
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Well, clearly my investigative skills are not up to par.
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:"An alligator's snack at Disney"

Classy.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(June 15, 2016 at 11:07 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote:
Quote:"An alligator's snack at Disney"

Classy.

I thought so. Wink
~ Erin Hunter
Since the other thread is going to pot/off subject I'd like to point out, that the kid was allowed to wade out into the water after 9pm, and his father was not at his side in a posted no swimming area. I have personally been at this beach and the water is nasty.. to the point where your a bad parent if you allow your kid to play in it. (heavy green sludge tint to it) let alone, in the dark.. at night.

But here again, the news seems to omit these facts and focus on the signage that does not include a gator warning. "it simply says no swimming." IDK but to me no swimming means no swimming period and you don't need any other reason other than thick dark green water, and the sign.

but maybe the news is right and everyone is an absolute idiot and we need signs on everything so the people without common sense can continue to be represented in the gene pool, despite Darwin's theory's best efforts.

To me this was just plain old bad parenting, and the dad should be the one to blame here. Not Disney or the lack of alligator signs.
(June 16, 2016 at 10:44 am)Drich Wrote: Since the other thread is going to pot/off subject I'd like to point out, that the kid was allowed to wade out into the water after 9pm, and his father was not at his side in a posted no swimming area. I have personally been at this beach and the water is nasty.. to the point where your a bad parent if you allow your kid to play in it. (heavy green sludge tint to it) let alone, in the dark.. at night.

But here again, the news seems to omit these facts and focus on the signage that does not include a gator warning. "it simply says no swimming." IDK but to me no swimming means no swimming period and you don't need any other reason other than thick dark green water, and the sign.

but maybe the news is right and everyone is an absolute idiot and we need signs on everything so the people without common sense can continue to be represented in the gene pool, despite Darwin's theory's best efforts.

To me this was just plain old bad parenting, and the dad should be the one to blame here. Not Disney or the lack of alligator signs.

Drich, for once (and probably only ever once) I AGREE with you. Common. Fucking. Sense. Obviously the "no swimming" sign was there for a reason related to SOME kind potential danger to the public, even if that particular danger wasn't explicitly stated. It's Florida, ffs! Florida + black, murky water + "no swimming" signs = no...don't let your toddler go play in it. It's no different from when you tell your kid, "don't run on the concrete, you're going to fall and get hurt!" And they say, "I won't fall!" And then they fall and get hurt. *face palm* Also...9 pm? Put your baby to bed!

As a parent, I hate blaming parents in these types of situations, but honestly, I think being overprotective and always thinking of potential worst case scenarios isn't necessarily a bad thing all the time. I would never...NEVER have let my toddler near that water. If we can't expect adults to use common sense and follow the rules, how can we expect them to keep their children as safe as possible? [emoji53]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
He wasn't a snack. The alligator drug him underwater and drowned him. It's very sad that the parents didn't abide by the no swimming signs and that the park didn't feel it necessary to put up any alligator signs. Most places around here have "Do not feed the Gators" signs.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 16, 2016 at 11:07 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(June 16, 2016 at 10:44 am)Drich Wrote: Since the other thread is going to pot/off subject I'd like to point out, that the kid was allowed to wade out into the water after 9pm, and his father was not at his side in a posted no swimming area. I have personally been at this beach and the water is nasty.. to the point where your a bad parent if you allow your kid to play in it. (heavy green sludge tint to it) let alone, in the dark.. at night.

Drich, for once (and probably only ever once) I AGREE with you.  Common.  Fucking.  Sense.  Obviously the "no swimming" sign was there for a reason related to SOME kind potential danger to the public, even if that particular danger wasn't explicitly stated.  It's Florida, ffs!  Florida + black, murky water + "no swimming" signs = no...don't let your toddler go play in it.  It's no different from when you tell your kid, "don't run on the concrete, you're going to fall and get hurt!" And they say, "I won't fall!" And then they fall and get hurt.  *face palm*  Also...9 pm?  Put your baby to bed!  

As a parent, I hate blaming parents in these types of situations, but honestly, I think being overprotective and always thinking of potential worst case scenarios isn't necessarily a bad thing all the time.  I would never...NEVER have let my toddler near that water.  If we can't expect adults to use common sense and follow the rules, how can we expect them to keep their children as safe as possible?  [emoji53]

The kid wasn't swimming so he was in compliance with the sign.  The sign should read "STAY OUT OF THIS FUCKING POND!  NO PART OF YOUR BODY IS ALLOWED IN THIS POND."
It's a POND. Why should any 2 year old be in a pond ever without being physically held onto by his parents?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Florida teacher faces investigation for playing Disney movie zebo-the-fat 5 559 May 17, 2023 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Man rescues dog from alligator Foxaèr 29 1503 November 23, 2020 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  It's a flat world after all. <-Disney, but SCARY! Brian37 63 4823 May 23, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Disney Channel is making history with its first gay coming-out story Foxaèr 57 5965 October 28, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Damn You Disney Amarok 5 811 July 20, 2017 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Alligator Kills Man Nope 17 1924 July 6, 2015 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Brian37