Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMC -- open hearts, open minds. Ha!
UMC -- open hearts, open minds. Ha!
I posted a comment to the following article:

http://www.umc.org/what-we-believe/whats...-the-house

The comment was moderated; within 8 minutes, the UMC staff deleted my comment.  Here it is:

Quote:I am an atheist, as are some 90% of the members of the National Academy of Sciences, and while my intellectual and educational credentials are nowhere near those of the NAS membership, the scientific method leads to atheism, as the atheistic stance would be the "null hypothesis" that would need to be adjudicated/disproved based upon scientific and empirical evidence. Few accord fairies, elves, unicorns and the FSM the same faith-based status as Yahweh, the god of the Old Testament, or even old Saint Nick. Why profess belief in some entity for which there is no empirical evidence greater than that of alien abductions, for which there is a plethora of testimonial evidence? Of course, do not confuse "hope" with "faith"; as an atheist, I find the prospect of an eternal, blissful afterlife to be enthralling; so did Carl Sagan, a committed agnostic atheist (which, technically, I am, also.) But, hope does not always equate with reality (read David Mills for an entertaining story of a would-be lotto winner), and if death, in fact, is the annihilation of human consciousness, then lying to oneself about that cannot possibly be healthy; after all, who wants to end life with a lie as opposed to the truth, even if the latter is not the "absolute truth"? After all, if there is a god, does he/she/it prefer honest seekers as opposed to lying sycophants who have embraced one religion out of perhaps an infinite number that exist on this world, and perhaps, others? We should expect more out of God; let him/her/it heal a 1,000 amputees of his/her/its choosing and then come back and talk to me about faith. Until then, belief in God is no different than belief in fairies or invisible pink unicorns.
RE: UMC -- open hearts, open minds. Ha!
Are you seriously surprised?
"I am against religion because it teaches you to be satisfied with not understanding the world" - Richard Dawkins

BIBLE - Blatant Intellectually Bankrupt Lies and Evil

(June 24, 2016 at 1:59 am)Incognito Wrote: Are you seriously surprised?

I thought that the UMC was more open, and believed in free speech!
Why?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It does seem a little weird for them to object, considering the enormous level of scripture cherry picking already 'consecrated' (LOL!!) in their cafeteria of belief.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I don't know why you posted such a confrontational comment, when the article and ensuing comments are as respectful as they are. I'm not a big fan of deleting stuff, but the article was pretty much just supportive of parents who don't understand why their children leave "the faith" and don't know what to do about it. I don't understand what you were trying to accomplish by posting that comment... it wasn't even relevant to the topic.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
You get an A for effort, Jehanne.

But fuckwits will always react with repression.  It's what their fucking god teaches them.
I've gotten away with a ton of shit on christianforums.com

I've said that the Bible was written by racist, sexist, genocidal, slave-driving rapists many times until one moderator seemingly went rogue and PMed me in a way that was different from other mod PMs. I ignored her warning and continued to say it when the topic arose and nothing happened.

I've said other shit too that I can't think of off the top of my head but is surely 100x worse than what you said there. But I don't say stuff for shock value, I just tell it like it is. I mean, I figure that most of the Christards there are the type that think political correctness is utter garbage, so I naturally assume that I don't have to be religiously correct when discussing their bullshit Bible. They want to refuse the right of a transgender woman to call herself a woman, they say things like, "The dude was born a man, I calls em like I sees em," but then when you fucking lay out the shit that God has done just in the book of Joshua alone then all of a sudden you have to be respectful of other cultures, LOOOOOL.

They're much less tolerant of when I call people out for lying. But I mean WTF is wrong with exposing the lies of an apologist? That's what we do. That's how we roll.
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.
If not for lies, what would the apologists have ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 24, 2016 at 2:03 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: If not for lies, what would the apologists have ?

Nothing  Tongue all they have is lies it keeps the money flowing unless people think for themselves
and when that happens they get angry and spout the hell fire nonsense to keep the money sink flowing.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 995 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  New way: Open Source Christianity Born in Iran. A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 28 4284 September 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Open letter to Christians Nihilist Virus 82 14390 March 21, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
Wink Greetings,I commence open challenge to anyone Grehoman Ebenezer 148 27611 September 25, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  JUST OPEN YOUR HEART, DAMMIT! Athene 174 32658 August 25, 2015 at 2:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
Lightbulb Open Letter To Christians Cinjin 143 15108 July 11, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: loganonekenobi
  Open Letter to Christians polar bear 48 8457 October 30, 2014 at 8:58 am
Last Post: polar bear
  Open debate: What does Jesus teach? Aractus 130 16380 August 4, 2014 at 8:06 am
Last Post: archangle
  Dipshit Xtians Lose Their Minds Over "Noah" Minimalist 26 5463 March 29, 2014 at 5:47 am
Last Post: jesus_wept
  Christians, prove your minds aren't molested by fear. Mudhammam 144 32701 March 8, 2014 at 4:32 am
Last Post: Mudhammam