Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings,I commence open challenge to anyone
Wink 
Greetings,I commence open challenge to anyone
I will happily debate any atheist on this forum.
  • Cosmological Argument
  • Argument From Design
  • Argument From Consciousness
  • Ontological Argument
  • Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus
  • The accuracy of the bible
  • Bible archaeology
  • Proving other religion's false
Anyone can come forward,for a challenge against me.[Image: bad_boys_20.gif]
RE: Greetings,I commence open challenge to anyone
Same shit - different asshole.
(September 24, 2015 at 2:41 pm)Grehoman Ebenezer Wrote: I will happily debate any atheist on this forum.
  • Cosmological Argument
  • Argument From Design
  • Argument From Consciousness
  • Ontological Argument
  • Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus
  • The accuracy of the bible
  • Bible archaeology
  • Proving other religion's false
Anyone can come forward,for a challenge against me.

I suggest making an Intro thread. You'll get more takers in this thread if you at least make it seem like you're here to engage with the community.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
As far as argument from design goes, I've heard that people say the universe must be created because everything is so complex. Except that when somethign is designed intelligently, it's generally as simple and efficient as possible. In fact many inventions are just more simple and efficient versions of things we already use. So why would complexity be an indication of intelligent design?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Why don't you elaborate on your views? I don't wanna bother with a debate if there are no new arguments on the table
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Holy shit, did the pope tell everyone to come to AF or something?

Hopefully you're not one of those suck-the-fun-out-of-everthing Catholics.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 24, 2015 at 2:53 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Holy shit, did the pope tell everyone to come to AF or something?  

Hopefully you're not one of those suck-the-fun-out-of-everthing Catholics.

Pope Francis Calls All Catholics to Evangelize -news magazine 
Also with the cosmological argument, even if we both agreed there needs to be a divine creator, there's still a chasm between "divine creator" and "Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life". I don't know what the point of arguing that even is.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(September 24, 2015 at 2:57 pm)Grehoman Ebenezer Wrote: Pope Francis Calls All Catholics to Evangelize -news magazine 

BREAKING NEWS: Atheists Think Catholicism Is Silly And Are Only Turned Off By Envangelizing Catholics - AF

You should let Franky know.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Is it too late to shout sock or poe?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New way: Open Source Christianity Born in Iran. A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 28 4288 September 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  UMC -- open hearts, open minds. Ha! Jehanne 13 1863 June 24, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Open letter to Christians Nihilist Virus 82 14506 March 21, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  A challenge to xtians persuade me dyresand 47 10717 September 4, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  JUST OPEN YOUR HEART, DAMMIT! Athene 174 32666 August 25, 2015 at 2:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
Lightbulb Open Letter To Christians Cinjin 143 15127 July 11, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: loganonekenobi
  Challenge regarding Christian morality robvalue 170 35945 February 16, 2015 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Tonus
  The REAL challenge Foxaèr 32 6817 January 12, 2015 at 2:45 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Challenge: Name Even 10 Beliefs in the Christian Delusion which are NOT Ridiculous Whateverist 33 5307 December 21, 2014 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Open Letter to Christians polar bear 48 8471 October 30, 2014 at 8:58 am
Last Post: polar bear