Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Introduction
My Introduction
Hello All,

My name is Gary. I have been an atheist since I was 21, and am now 27. I was once a conservative southern baptist. If anyone would care to read my deconversion story, I have it posted elsewhere, but don't wish to link it for fear of rule-breaking. Essentially, I was a gnostic theist, then I was directly confronted about my beliefs from the standpoint of having accepted them based purely on authority. Having been a zodiac/ghost/spirits/etc denier all my life alongside strong christianity, My deconversion was quick (about 2 weeks) when I realized that I wasn't applying the same standards to God as I was to other superstitions. 

I am not someone who possesses a formal post-secondary education yet. However, I'm clawing my way out of that pit at the moment, and hopefully this statement will no longer be true.

Defeating religion is pretty much my main passion in life. I've honestly never given up my anti-theistic fervor that you all know happens when you first leave god. I hold special contempt for religion,  not because of trauma, but because of how it is somehow exempted from criticism. My main goal is to join the chorus of those who are standing up and saying "No!" to those who would tell us to have respect for faith. I have nothing but contempt for those who are okay with dismissing the need for evidence for any position. 

I won't be using this post as a self-promotion tool for my youtube channel, but I will say that it has given me a sense of purpose in that I will finally have something to contribute! Feel free to ask about it. I stepped out of bounds and promoted with my first post, for which I am sincerely sorry, and have promptly cleared all contents of the post, so as to be in compliance. 

Thank you all for having me, and whatnot.
RE: My Introduction
Welcome to the forums!
Hi, Gary. Do you have a grandfather named Oak who can't remember your name?

I'm Ayen. Just came back to these forums, myself. Nice to meet you.
Howdy, friend.
Thank you! I'm glad to be here!
Welcome, Gary! Smile
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for telling us about yourself. I try to imagine what that must feel like when you finally realise you've been fed a load of horse shit all your life. Well done on turning the spotlight around! So many go their whole lives without doing so.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
welcome

the sammich cart will be by shortly

the peanut butter/pickle is tasty and there is usually several as no one else will touch them
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Here's some nice sammiches for the newbie
[Image: 16glcg.jpg]

The regular British folk can share these below ... Sorry for the cost cutting but we are living in uncertain times!@ (one each!)
[Image: 16gl9c.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Or a nice roll and sausage, if you prefer.

[Image: Main-15.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 734 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 974 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1955 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1422 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 4011 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2271 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 2006 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1164 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 979 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2902 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2