Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a new job!
I have a new job!
I just wanted to share with my AF friends - after being fired last April (for visiting AF on my work computer), I am again gainfully employed.  A major hardware store in my area, Sutherlands (a mom & pop business that now has stores in 13 states) https://sutherlands.com/  -- is finally launching its online store. I will be one of their product researchers, supplying specs, writing descriptions, and providing links to usage tutorials.

It's scary to be on unemployment.  I'll be glad to be working again.  And these seem like really good people.  But I won't risk visiting AF from a work computer.  -- After a few paychecks, I'll get a data plan on my phone, and access AF from there.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: I have a new job!
Good for you. Congratulations.

Have you ever considered self-employment?
Good stuff fuzzy. Way to go.
Have you sussed out whether these new people have imaginary friends?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 6, 2016 at 7:15 pm)Spirian Wrote: Good for you. Congratulations.

Have you ever considered self-employment?

I was self-employed for decades, Spirian.  Single piano teachers though - - it's a struggle.  You have to take every playing gig and every contest judging gig you can find, and few self-employed musicians can survive without a church job.  This is regular 8-5 hours with a reputable company.  Good benefits.  (I never could afford health insurance - or vacations - and never paid into retirement when I was self-employed.)  So this is a good move for me!
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(July 6, 2016 at 7:21 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Good stuff fuzzy. Way to go.
Have you sussed out whether these new people have imaginary friends?

Hi Ig!  Thanks.  No, I actually haven't met the research team yet.  The first week will be interesting.  I'll regale the AF folks with any stories that are worth telling!
Congratulations!!

That's awesome news.
Dying to live, living to die.
Congratulations. Glad to hear you've found something.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I have a new job!
Congrats, Fuzzy! I'm happy to hear it! [emoji8]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
That's fucking fantastic!

I was just surfing and ready to post you AWOL/MIA when I saw this thread.

Fuzzy tool usage. I like it!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
As the person in charge of the online presence what will your policy be about surfing the net while on duty? But congratulations and well done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What job(s) did you have as a kid? arewethereyet 25 2134 April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Sal
  My shit ass job just called me back up CarveTheFive 25 1983 May 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  The best job in the world... Gawdzilla Sama 31 2191 April 23, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  My new job involves :) Megabullshit 17 1474 April 10, 2019 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  What is job like in Motorcycle Showroom ? Megabullshit 13 887 April 1, 2019 at 1:46 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  Surreal day on the job...more of the same on the way. arewethereyet 75 5246 March 7, 2019 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  You had one job! Mr.Obvious 7 1234 December 7, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: viocjit
  90% of my job is routine... GUBU 7 698 September 6, 2018 at 1:23 am
Last Post: GUBU
  What's your job? Loading Please Wait 103 8500 December 11, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Do you like your job and/or career? Mermaid 62 5514 January 16, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Mermaid