Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any way to permanently disable the WYSIWYG editor?
Is there any way to permanently disable the WYSIWYG editor?
My new browser has one bug that still has to be fixed but until then I gotta find a way to disable WYSIWYG on this forum. Other forums have an option to choose between WYSIWYG and an old school text editor with visible bb codes. But I can't see such an option here, so here's a question to the admins and/or moderators: how can I disable that feature (I've never liked it anyway)? Or, if I can't do that, can't you disable WYSIWYG for my profile only?
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: Is there any way to permanently disable the WYSIWYG editor?
[Image: shoot%20screen.jpg]

Alternatively:

User CP (UCP) -> Edit Options -> (x) Put the editor in source mode by default
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 20, 2016 at 6:12 am)Alex K Wrote: [Image: shoot%20screen.jpg]

Alternatively:

User CP (UCP) -> Edit Options ->   (x) Put the editor in source mode by default

Ah, I see now why I couldn't find it - the forums usually have a drop down menu from which to choose, not a tick option.
Thanks. Case closed.
I fucking hate it without the source mode. After returning to AF I noticed this WYSIWYG shit and as soon as I learned it could be disabled I was like YES!
Using the WYSIWYG I always manage to produce an inconsistent mess of tags that can only be fixed manually.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Please don't let the inanimate objects out smart you.
(July 20, 2016 at 7:40 am)Alex K Wrote: Using the WYSIWYG I always manage to produce an inconsistent mess of tags that can only be fixed manually.

I "love" how the WYSIWYG messes up things with colors. For instance, you wanna mark in blue just one word and then to keep writing in the default color and formatting. But no, the damn WYSIWYG doesn't let you change back to black, so you keep writing in blue. That's the thing I've always hated in WYSIWYG and I'm glad I finally I could disable that thing. WYSIWYG is the reason I never used any formatting on Atheist Forums until now - cuz once I start formatting, it's impossible to return to the default style.
Now I'm glad I can use all the formatting I like without making a mess!  Big Grin [Image: banana.gif]

[Image: n0gny.jpg]
The war on color continues. 

Seems that you should do the colors after your type the text.
(July 20, 2016 at 8:21 am)Atheist_BG Wrote:
(July 20, 2016 at 7:40 am)Alex K Wrote: Using the WYSIWYG I always manage to produce an inconsistent mess of tags that can only be fixed manually.

I "love" how the WYSIWYG messes up things with colors. For instance, you wanna mark in blue just one word and then to keep writing in the default color and formatting. But no, the damn WYSIWYG doesn't let you change back to black, so you keep writing in blue. That's the thing I've always hated in WYSIWYG and I'm glad I finally I could disable that thing. WYSIWYG is the reason I never used any formatting on Atheist Forums until now - cuz once I start formatting, it's impossible to return to the default style.
Now I'm glad I can use all the formatting I like without making a mess!  Big Grin [Image: banana.gif]

[Image: n0gny.jpg]

But always remember: With great powerformatting options comes great responsibility

I honestly dont see the problem. Type what you wanna write, highlight it, click on the option ... good to go.

Alternatively, type in the code as you write your post (unless it's for color, no one know all those goddamned alphanumerics). Still good to go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there any way to get unbanned from a thread? Angrboda 10 1501 September 17, 2020 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Reasonable way for a new section to be added Foxaèr 4 899 July 15, 2020 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1383 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is there a way to insert Giphy images on this forum? Foxaèr 12 2452 May 14, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is there a way to disable private messages? *Deidre* 14 2605 July 21, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  By the way Foxaèr 3 1106 December 29, 2015 at 12:08 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  A way to know which page on a thread your last post is on. Spooky 10 3500 July 20, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Is there a way to just delete a reputation rating one has given to someone? Pyrrho 22 5850 May 3, 2015 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Is there a way to unsubscribe from a thread on AF? IanHulett 5 1615 February 21, 2015 at 1:10 am
Last Post: IanHulett
  Are there any Arab or middle eastern atheists on here Babylonian Atheist 4 1464 October 22, 2014 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: vorlon13