Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wish I had yall on Facebook
I wish I had yall on Facebook
I know we all don't believe all the same things and e fight amongst ourselves but we band together over the big things. I need some of this support on these damn Facebook pages I follow. I don't know why I follow them because I know they infuriate me sometimes but I hate to let a debate go to close minded Christians. Because I'm in Texas a lot of people are religious so pages you'd think wouldn't mention god, such as the one infuriating me now called Texas Hill Country, randomly bring it up and I get in way over my head. I haven't even been a member of AF for 2 months yet but yall are the ones I keep running to when I can't handle all the religious freaks around me.

Ya know when someone tells you to calm down and it just fuels the fire? No? Hmm must be just me lol well being told to get over it does the same thing. I was told to get over it when saying in god we trust is a horrible motto for us. Not all Americans believe in him. I want to smack human decency into them but I can't and I can't just let it be like a normal person so you guys get to hear (... read?) Me rant. Can't yall all just get on Facebook, join the page, and back me up? Lol ;p
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
RE: I wish I had yall on Facebook
I refuse to get into religious arguments on Facebook. I try not to get into political ones with people I don't actually know well.

It never ends up well, and internet anonymity gets taken advantage of.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Life's too short ...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Facebook sucks.
I'm in FB, with maybe 3 people on here, plus Rebecca Vitsmun, of Oklahoma tornado/Wolf Blitzer interview fame, plus maybe a few others, but then also 300+ gaming partners, most of whom are Xian, and like to post memes to that effect. It is what it is. My family is on there, too. That's important.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I'm not on facebook and I never was the least bit interested in having religious argments. Least of all on that glorified spyware called social media. The only religious arguments I had in my whole life were on here. And only when someone is sufficiently obnoxious to invoke my disgust. That's only a handfull of theists on here. No more than three or four.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I know I know I'm petty lol its my biggest flaw. I don't have the will power to be the bigger person. Lol
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
I'm on Facebook but I don't do contentious topics there. Too many idiots.
https://www.facebook.com/kevin.mohler.50 and like others said, don't go posting politics or religion on my page though. I get enough of that from my real life friends, who like Atheist forums people are a bunch of pinkos. I have a few AF people already, but they are all cool. Oh, and anybody who adds me, let me know who you are from Atheist forums when you add me. There are people I probably wouldn't want.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
And I was mostly joking about asking for back up on Facebook lol I just wanted to rant. I get into these all the time. I can't keep my mouth shut online. But I do like complaining how stupid my current debate partner is but usually its to my fiancé who is in school right now. And who I try to stay away from religion talk with since he is religious. Y'all areally my outlet. Just pat me on the head and say "yes yes mandy you are right they are wrong and stupid." *turns to others*mandy is going off again just ignore her.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1889 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3099 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Random Facebook god post Rahn127 10 1340 June 27, 2019 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Do you wish there's a god? Catharsis 580 40765 April 10, 2019 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Just now on Facebook....... Brian37 10 1487 September 6, 2018 at 9:18 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4544 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Just met a former Muslim on Facebook Brian37 6 2693 May 3, 2018 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Old threads of discussion I have had. Mystic 125 16049 April 3, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  His wish sounds familiar purplepurpose 1 911 November 16, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Never had that happen before Astonished 6 2467 August 11, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37