Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Senate Bill 1146
California Senate Bill 1146
I don't remember seeing this on AF. It's a bill to limit exemptions for religious schools under Title IX.

Quote:"Senate Bill 1146 [edit] would shrink the number of religious colleges that qualify for religious exemptions. Also under SB 1146, colleges that receive federal religious exemptions would be required to publicize that fact to prospective students."

https://edsource.org/2016/california-bil...nts/564869

The schools are having a fissy. Let us discriminate, but still give us state/fed money.

http://religiondispatches.org/will-sb-11...s-schools/

http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/21/cali...s-schools/

http://www.cui.edu/aboutcui/sb1146
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: California Senate Bill 1146
Religious schools should get no state funding.  Period.

Ever.

Fuck them and whatever fairy tale they promote.
One more reason to love the Golden State. So glad I live here! Smile
Ban faith schools.

Fuck 'em.
(August 4, 2016 at 9:35 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Ban faith schools.

Fuck 'em.

Riiiiiight.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 4, 2016 at 9:51 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(August 4, 2016 at 9:35 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Ban faith schools.

Fuck 'em.

Riiiiiight.

Did I upset you or something?
No. You posted a ridiculous comment on a public message board, to which I responded sarcastically.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 4, 2016 at 10:11 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: No. You posted a ridiculous comment on a public message board, to which I responded sarcastically.

Mate, pretty much all of my 5915 posts are ridiculous. It's nothing new.
I know. I limit myself to one or two per day.

(August 4, 2016 at 10:14 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I know. I limit myself to one or two per day.

That's nice.

Don't wanna lose too many brain cells, I get that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House Bill 6720 Jehanne 19 2518 December 16, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s Huggy Bear 77 3672 April 3, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  I Think Bill Maher Lied CarveTheFive 23 1319 May 17, 2021 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1191 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Harriett Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill Fake Messiah 141 6120 January 27, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  This from the California Tourism Board. Gawdzilla Sama 74 5265 September 21, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2313 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Garlic festival shooting: Three dead in Gilroy California zebo-the-fat 30 3119 August 1, 2019 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  California ban on high capacity magazines declared unconstitutional popeyespappy 178 10122 May 3, 2019 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  No more executions in California? Jehanne 0 282 March 14, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Jehanne