Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm now un-chicken enough to...
I'm now un-chicken enough to...
Obviously inspired by a cool recent thread, this is my opposite idea.

What things have you done which you thought you might never be able to do, because you were too chicken?

I'll start off with one. I was too chicken to record myself speaking online for people to hear. Since joining this site, I've grown in confidence and have enjoyed putting out videos for my friends.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: I'm now un-chicken enough to...
We now have sibling threads! Big Grin
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
The threads are having sex! Dirty, icky incestuous sex - and having babies!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
There are two sides to my personality. One is very chicken about a lot of things, the other isn't at all. I prefer the latter, of course, but the former gives me a different appreciation of life. It's not necessarily a good one, it's just different.

I'm not sure if this is on-topic or not, I just felt like sharing. Sorry.
I'm not chicken about standing up to the people who have hurt me in the past, including my ex, former friends, and my parents. Part of being damaged goods involves building up defenses against more harm from the same narcissistic sources over time.

Random thought: this is how I treat religion as well.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I used to be afraid to get up on stage in front of an audience. Piece of cake, nowadays.

(August 15, 2016 at 9:59 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I used to be afraid to get up on stage in front of an audience. Piece of cake, nowadays.

Wow. This is pretty much my worst nightmare. I've blacked out from this. Good job adjusting to that.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
It's all about knowing your material and looking for fun. Smile

I used to be too chicken to even consider going to America. I was fixated on the guns there and paranoid someone would just take me out for no reason.

I've come to realise over the last few years that this is ridiculous, and that I'm missing out by being overly cautious. I've not been yet but I hope to in the near future.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 16, 2016 at 3:04 am)robvalue Wrote: I used to be too chicken to even consider going to America. I was fixated on the guns there and paranoid someone would just take me out for no reason.

I've come to realise over the last few years that this is ridiculous, and that I'm missing out by being overly cautious. I've not been yet but I hope to in the near future.

That's partially why some of my family don't ever want to visit the US. I've tried telling them that they are being ridiculous and paranoid. But each to their own.

I definitely want to visit as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enough with the cliches Foxaèr 41 2566 October 24, 2021 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Chicken Shortage? onlinebiker 11 612 May 5, 2021 at 5:16 pm
  are any of you honest enough to simply answer the question asked? Drich 120 10736 February 13, 2019 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The end of this month cannot come fast enough Foxaèr 22 4341 April 15, 2018 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: c172
  I'm too chicken to... J a c k 106 8733 August 18, 2016 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Deffo kinda chicken, but not chicken enough not to ever... c172 17 4585 August 16, 2016 at 7:55 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Sometimes the rep is not enough. Foxaèr 2 877 December 28, 2015 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  One question I don't see asked enough. Brian37 15 2523 February 19, 2015 at 6:47 pm
  Is your rep high enough? Whateverist 294 33790 December 19, 2014 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Seriously, how is anyone dumb enough to be fat? Aractus 161 26979 April 3, 2014 at 11:15 am
Last Post: ShaMan