Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban the Burkini
Ban the Burkini
Quite surprised this hasn't been posted yet

Cannes bans burkinis over suspected link to radical Islamism - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37056742

I feel this is slightly different to the burka ban debate (despite the name burkini the face is not covered), and it seems the only reason for the ban is because it is 'islamic' the article says that other religious symbols are not banned (skullcaps, crucifix etc).

So, while I generally support a ban on burkas, as the face s covered, I don't support the ban on burkinis. Thoughts?
RE: Ban the Burkini
Yeah, totally agree. There is nothing more weird about the swim wear version than a regular one. It just seems like picking on muslims to me.
Plus, what if they really really need a burkini for the rest of our sakes. There are some things you can't unsee. hehehehe

[Image: poor%20idea%201.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Aa, burkini! The first two times I read the title I was amazed why would anyone ban the bikini.
Me and my dirty mind...
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
Ban the Burkini
It's just my accent

[emoji6]
Meh, let people wear what they want. I can see why some businesses might require peoples' faces to be showing (banks, convenience stores, etc), but leave that up to the businesses, don't make a blanket law about it. You can't by law ban someone from wearing a confederate flag t-shirt, a nazi arm patch, or a "Fuck jesus" baseball cap (in America, anyway), so why ban them from wearing something just because it's related to Islam?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(August 16, 2016 at 10:57 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Plus, what if they really really need a burkini for the rest of our sakes. There are some things you can't unsee. hehehehe

[Image: poor%20idea%201.jpg]

I told you I didn't need a new one. It fits fine.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

France is weird man. I don't think that countries or cities should have dress codes. That's one of my problems with religion, if it has a dress code, it has too much control over your life.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(August 16, 2016 at 11:28 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Meh, let people wear what they want.  I can see why some businesses might require peoples' faces to be showing (banks, convenience stores, etc), but leave that up to the businesses, don't make a blanket law about it.  You can't by law ban someone from wearing a confederate flag t-shirt, a nazi arm patch, or a "Fuck jesus" baseball cap (in America, anyway), so why ban them from wearing something just because it's related to Islam?

Indeed, what we need are more bikinis in Mecca!!!! On a serious note, what the OP forget to mention was, there happened to be a very large fight with between the locals and (according to yahoo, people from the outside) some Magrehbins. The locals took a couple of photos and unfortunately, it exploded into a big massive fight and over 100 police personnel came rushing in. Anyway, it just so happens that the Magrehbins were armed to the teeth and the locals weren't taking it lightly so, they overturned and burnt out the cars belonging to the Magrehbins (this is a general pastime in the 93 area of Ile de France whenever there is a riot, where the yobs target cars of innocent people). Anyway, to cut a long story short, in spite of what France is, the Corsicans are very proud of their heritage, and if there is one thing you don't do as a stranger; that is piss off a Corsican. I say this, because a couple of North Africans called the emergency services saying there was a fire (when there really wasn't) and attacked the fire personnel. The police literally had to cordon and protect the North African quarter because the Corsicans wanted blood. Furthermore, it isn't related to Islam whatsoever.
(August 16, 2016 at 12:24 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: France is weird man. I don't think that countries or cities should have dress codes. That's one of my problems with religion, if it has a dress code, it has too much control over your life.

Unfortunately, we all have a dress code to follow, religion or otherwise. It would be strange for me to go to the office dressed in a mankini or a full football kit with football boots to match. You don't wear a Giorgio Armani suit to empty the dustbins and you don't go to a meeting smelling of rotting fish, eggs and meat products.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2444 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban WinterHold 6 745 March 14, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  California ban on high capacity magazines declared unconstitutional popeyespappy 178 10359 May 3, 2019 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Baltimore poised to become first major city to ban privatization of water Aegon 9 688 August 8, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  BREAKING: SCOTUS Upholds Trump Travel Ban A Theist 18 2672 June 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  "Kill the fetus" ban lifted in Ireland Foxaèr 50 4615 May 28, 2018 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Trump's Muslim immigration ban includes green card holders Aegon 316 28584 February 17, 2017 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump Loses Travel Ban Appeal BrianSoddingBoru4 61 8207 February 10, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Judge Blocks Trump's Travel Ban BrianSoddingBoru4 5 799 February 4, 2017 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  SAG Awards, celebrities, against immigration ban Foxaèr 0 584 February 1, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Foxaèr