Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Prison Complex receives terrible news.
Private Prison Complex receives terrible news.
-that their cash cow is just about dry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...de68dff788

Good, fuck the vultures that crippled our system and turned prisoners into a tradeable commodity. Now, if we could just get the states onboard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Private Prison Complex receives terrible news.
Not exactly doing it for the right reasons (at least going by the public statement), but way to go!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I read an article on that on our news. It seems to be about the federal prison system as opposed to the state prisons. They also said the majority of prisoners are under the leglislation of individual states. And there it seems up to the particular governments to do away with private prisons - or not, if there's a sufficient amount of bribery involved. It also seems as if there are whole communities living off the prison system, which would lose their jobs.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
One has to wonder if the Oliver effect is involved at all.
(August 19, 2016 at 5:52 am)Alex K Wrote: Not exactly doing it for the right reasons (at least going by the public statement), but way to go!

If a mustache twirling villain tied a young girl to the tracks and through his incompetence managed to not only fail to kill the girl but also stopped the train before it went over a break in the tracks around the next bend....I'd take it and thank said villain for his service.  

Wink

@abaris, yeah..there's still a long way to go...and it's true that some would lose their livelihoods...but so did slave traders and their suppliers (up to and including shackle makers, slave freight tansport ship builders, the sugar industry took a hell of a hit as the oil of it;s day and the initiator and largest consumer of slave products...etc) when we stopped that shit. Both are in the business of body farms...the most I can muster is half-assed empathy for their plight in vacuum. Regardless of that, I know it's going to be difficult to get rid of for-profit prisons, they have..after all...worked for decades to deeply entrench themselves in our laws, in our government, and in our communities.

Had they stayed out of that I;d have no issue with them...but they just can;t help themselves....when they hand copy over to bought politicians that creates a law designed to reduce their bottom line and increase their profits by criminalizing something or reducing the standards and quality of incarceration then it's gone right over the cliff. Ever wonder who it was that funded the push for mandatory minimums, or increased sentencing for minor offenses, or relaxed standards on population density - the cramming of convicts into little boxes? When they indebt and exploit a local community (via tax breaks and labor) in shitty jobs that are dangerous precisely because of their profit minded operating principles, then the fact that they employ people is..itself, a smokescreen for their exploitation of people on both sides of the bars... and needs to end.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 19, 2016 at 5:49 am)Rhythm Wrote: -that their cash cow is just about dry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...de68dff788

Good, fuck the vultures that crippled our system and turned prisoners into a tradeable commodity.  Now, if we could just get the states onboard.

What's a private prison complex? Is it like the movie Fortress where prisoners are forced to do slave labour?
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Entreprenuers, builders, logistics outfits (food service companies, uniform supply, etc) and lobbysists who have combined their interests to both create legislative mandate and support for the business model, by leveraging compromised politicians to control the standards in use, construction, and occupancy of prisons for profit.

Or, more succinctly, the organizations that have legally monetized crime - and have increasingly been able to also -define- crime in their own best interests.
Watch from 07:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pz3syET3DY
(August 19, 2016 at 7:47 am)Rhythm Wrote: @abaris, yeah..there's still a long way to go...and it's true that some would lose their livelihoods...but so did slave traders and their suppliers (up to and including shackle makers, slave freight tansport ship builders, the sugar industry took a hell of a hit as the oil of it;s day and the initiator and largest consumer of slave products...etc) when we stopped that shit.

I didn't mean it to sound as if it was a bad thing, but only pointed out that local or regional authorities may be less prone to do away with the system when their electorate would lose jobs and money.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I know, lol, not picking anything between us..just keeping the discussion rolling, because the greatest thing working in the favor of these ghouls is that prisoners are invisible.  If we want to change the script we'll have to appeal to the un-incarcerated..make it real to them, and show them how they are being treated with equal disdain as the convicts which have been turned into a marketable product and investment opportunity.

If you really want to turn your stomach, you should check out some of the ipos and marketing material where they reference the low cost of labor and amenable population density overages allowable by state or local mandate..and the no-cost granted construction funds available as a reason to opt in on their prisons as a shareholder.

"Hey yall, there's a bunch of free money over here, and tons of poor people to do the work for us. We've got the officials in our pocket, and all we have to do is cram people into a cement box asshole to elbow, then make sure they stay there as long as possible."  Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Trump going to Prison? FrustratedFool 392 20519 February 22, 2024 at 2:55 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4014 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Take them to Detroit,,,,,, Or prison... Brian37 70 3307 October 15, 2020 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Violence in prison does not help. Brian37 1 484 April 29, 2019 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  POTUS "fixer" gets 36 months in prison. Brian37 9 1541 December 13, 2018 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  This Is What Happens When You Put An Idiot In Charge of a Complex System Minimalist 132 12258 December 6, 2018 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Russian Woman Reportedly Faces 6 Years in Prison for Insulting Memes about Xtians purplepurpose 1 554 October 16, 2018 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Suge Knight Sentenced to 28 Years in Prison Fake Messiah 3 635 October 9, 2018 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  This Is Nothing Compared To The Ass-Reaming You'll Get In Prison! Minimalist 10 1702 July 14, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 526 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist