Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even Sadiq hates Corbyn...
Even Sadiq hates Corbyn...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37146729

Quote:London mayor Sadiq Khan has urged Labour voters to ditch Jeremy Corbyn as leader and vote for Owen Smith in the party's leadership contest.

Writing in the Observer, Mr Khan said Mr Corbyn had "totally failed" to get his messages across in the UK's EU referendum in June.

"Why would things be different in a general election?," Mr Khan said.
Explaining his support for Mr Smith, he said the pair had agreed on the "big issues", such as opposing the Iraq War.

Labour 'suffering badly'

Mr Khan said: "Jeremy has already proved that he is unable to organise an effective team and has failed to win the trust and respect of the British people.

"Jeremy's personal ratings are the worst of any opposition leader on record and the Labour party is suffering badly as a result.

"He has lost the confidence of more than 80% of Labour's MPs in Parliament - and I am afraid we simply cannot afford to go on like this."
RE: Even Sadiq hates Corbyn...
Bella Wrote:London mayor Sadiq Khan has urged Labour voters to ditch Jeremy Corbyn as leader and vote for Owen Smith in the party's leadership contest.

Wait... my brother might become the leader of the Labour part?! Shock
(August 21, 2016 at 12:06 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Wait... my brother might become the leader of the Labour part?! Shock

Still better than Corbyn. Wink
Labour are suffering badly under Corbs.

Momentum (the group that support Corbs and are made up almost exclusively London Yuppie types) constantly say that membership is up under Corbyn, and that that somehow translates to them winning an election (they lost everything bar one seat in Scotland, they broke even in the council elections and the Tories lost nothing, despite being in power, which goes against every trend in the last half century, they've won a few labour heartland by elections and they won an mayoral election in which Khan distanced himself from Corbyn at every step, which turned out to be a blessing).

It doesn't. I know almost as many people who left labour (centrist, social democrat people) than joined when Corbs was elected.

I have to keep telling people who support Corbs on my newsfeed that there has never, and will never, be an appetite for a far left or far right candidate in the UK. Our politics doesn't work like that, and Corbyn, aside from being an incompetent fool and doing his upmost to sabotage not just national policy making but even internal labour party policy (EU membership, Working tax credits [didnt vote on a cornerstone of labour policy, told Owen Smith he didn't know anything about it!!], Trident), is a hangover from the Trot's failed attempts to militarise the Labour Party in the 70s and 80s

If he wins the election (and he will), the core labour vote will have to decide if they want to split off and form a new SDP and maybe join with the old SDP (Lib Dems). I would support that both with my membership and my vote.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
https://www.byline.com/column/11/article/1177

Expert Denialism.

In a recent YouGov poll (cited in the article) which sought opinion on who would make the best Prime Minister in nationwide public opinion, Corbyn was put 12 points behind 'don't know'.

Probably the most hilarious political statistic I've ever seen.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

(August 21, 2016 at 7:18 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: https://www.byline.com/column/11/article/1177

Expert Denialism.

In a recent YouGov poll (cited in the article) which sought opinion on who would make the best Prime Minister in nationwide public opinion, Corbyn was put 12 points behind 'don't know'.

Probably the most hilarious political statistic I've ever seen.

Fucking lol.

It's worse than I thought.
And yeah it seems that a split in the Labour Party is definitely going to happen at some point. It'll certainly be interesting to watch.
They will split. There's no other choice. You need to flee a sinking ship, and there's not enough vocal support for progressive policy making in the Labour membership at the moment to warrant being an outspoken majority within the PLP to scupper Corbyn's ridiculous policy aims in parliament. Better to form a permanent back bench through a new party and start to work on feasible policies and a better opposition (they would be the majority opposition in the Commons so would actually form a new shadow cabinet).

Leave the corbynistas and their pro anti-Semitic, racist, socially and economically incompetent policy 'aims' to their echo chamber.

I like Corbyn - a lot. However, I will still vote the Green Party. The Labour part is full of imperialists and coopratists: That's why they want Corbyn gone. It's really only (within the Labour Party) the MPs that hate Corybn. The majority of the rest of the party members love him. His poll numbers are down because the mainstream media is treating him as Bernie Sanders was treated. That makes me like him more.

Yes, the Labour Party should split. If I insulted any of my bosses in public I'd get fired from my job. Corbyn needs to discipline his MPs. However, the electoral system will keep it together for the time being. I would hope Jeremy sees the Labour Party is a lost cause and joins the Green Party.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God hates republicans Anomalocaris 1 249 October 9, 2022 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Asshole Can't Even Appoint The Right Judges Minimalist 11 1440 November 16, 2018 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  This Moron Can't Even Run A Golf Course Minimalist 26 1327 October 10, 2018 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  American workers' wages stagnant, even in a great economy: why? Aegon 74 6865 August 15, 2018 at 4:29 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Fucking WLB Has Even Lost The NY Post Minimalist 1 410 June 19, 2018 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Sometimes Even Drunk Driving Works Out Well! Minimalist 5 936 June 6, 2018 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Even FOX FUX Turn On The Orange Turd Minimalist 4 933 April 4, 2018 at 12:03 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Trump’s first year was even worse than feared Minimalist 66 8401 January 8, 2018 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Drich
  They Didn't Even Have The Decency To Use KY Jelly Minimalist 16 1785 December 4, 2017 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Even The Republicunts Lies Are Lies Minimalist 2 437 December 1, 2017 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd