Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump’s first year was even worse than feared
Trump’s first year was even worse than feared
So says Eugene Robinson of the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...1786b514fb

Quote:Grit your teeth. Persevere. Just a few more days and this awful, rotten, no-good, ridiculous, rancorous, sordid, disgraceful year in the civic life of our nation will be over. Here’s hoping that we all — particularly special counsel Robert S. Mueller III — have a better 2018.
Many of us began 2017 with the consoling thought that the Donald Trump presidency couldn’t possibly be as bad as we feared. It turned out to be worse.
Did you ever think you would hear a president use the words “very fine people” to describe participants in a torch-lit rally organized by white supremacists, neo-Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan? Did you ever think you would hear a U.S. ambassador to the United Nations thuggishly threaten that she would be “taking names” of countries that did not vote on a General Assembly resolution the way she wanted? Did you ever think the government of the world’s biggest military and economic power would reject not just science but also empiricism itself, preferring to use made-up “” as the basis for major decisions?

And it goes on and on.
RE: Trump’s first year was even worse than feared
Well, there is one crucial bright spot: the very real chance that he's not even going to even make the four-year term. He's the most consistently unpopular president since the first Gallup polls in 1935. He has not had a net positive approval rating since the week of his inauguration. And add to it that within four months of getting into office, there was an official FBI investigation seeing whether or not he's committed criminal acts. Remember that it took almost a YEAR into Nixon's second term before he had an official investigation against him. Whether or not it will come to anything before November 2020, I don't know, but even a Republican-controlled Congress doesn't seem too crazy about him.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Same polls also reported that hillary would win by a land slide.

Unless Tom Hank runs in 20 you's all better start stretching you liberal bottoms out for 4 more years of us dragging you morons kicking nd screaming into prosperous lives.
Go fuck yourself you anti-american asshole.
(December 26, 2017 at 4:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Go fuck yourself you anti-american asshole.

Drich is just another 'I-got-mine-so-go-fuck-yourselves'-style Christian. He doesn't give two shits about the body politic. It could all burn, as far as he's concerned. Just give him his tax cuts and let Jesus sort out the rest of the mess.

The worse things get, the "truer" their fucking prophesies seem to them.
(December 26, 2017 at 4:24 pm)Drich Wrote: Same polls also reported that hillary would win by a land slide.

Unless Tom Hank runs in 20 you's all better start stretching you liberal bottoms out for 4 more years of us dragging you morons kicking and screaming into prosperous lives

The polls I was talking about were from Gallup, and their final polls were actually pretty close to the final results (at least for the popular vote.) The key problem is they did not properly account for the Electoral College.

http://news.gallup.com/opinion/polling-m...aign=tiles
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I read this in Arabic the other day on Al-Jazeera:

http://www.aljazeera.net/news/presstour/...9%88%D9%86

The name of the writer made me remember; Eugene->The Walking Dead show->Back to reality; Trump is a douch, but even the walking dead's Eugene is better.

Anyways.. Americans saw only the little side of the damage Trump did; as a matter of foreign policy the damage was greater: he caused a more severe and irreversible damage to the already damaged Middle East.

And I don't mean Jerusalem, I mean the Billions robbed through the blessing of the Saudi regime, combined with the crossing of the line of WMD usage after WW2 (remember the dropping of MOB in Afghanistan)?

His first year was a doom for foreign countries. The rest of his years will doom Americans too.

No I'm sorry; the economical damage he did will show its glory for Americans soon enough..Arabs only had it earlier
[Image: PpQgWZCU_o.jpg]

If Trump makes it to full 4 years term he'll literally spend 1 whole year on vacation.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 27, 2017 at 3:35 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: [Image: PpQgWZCU_o.jpg]

If Trump makes it to full 4 years term he'll literally spend 1 whole year on vacation.
If a President wanted to he could probably do all of his Constitutionally required duties in about 40 hours per year or even less.  His main duties consist of signing his name on paperwork and appointing people to jobs once in a while.  He can send a written State of the Union message to Congress and he doesn't have to write it himself.  And that's about it.
Funny how the "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" Republicans seem to all be taking the most vacation time. Remember, if you aren't making enough money to survive, do the opposite of them and work harder, so you can get that promotion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Person Of The Year BrianSoddingBoru4 15 597 December 13, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The impeachment of Trump suddenly looks like much more than just a theory WinterHold 45 3805 January 10, 2020 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  New Year zebo-the-fat 5 760 January 1, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Among Matt Bevin's Pardons: Man who raped 9 year old girl Cecelia 1 402 December 14, 2019 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  T.I. takes his daughter to the gyno every year to check her Hymen. Divinity 48 3846 December 5, 2019 at 8:39 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 546 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  This year in "sell more and do nothing" Brian37 19 1447 January 24, 2019 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Happy New Year! Dr H 0 213 January 9, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  New Year zebo-the-fat 9 678 January 1, 2019 at 7:53 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  For Robert Mueller This Is Like [REDACTED] a 4 Year Old Minimalist 2 788 December 6, 2018 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: ignoramus