Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Moron Can't Even Run A Golf Course
This Moron Can't Even Run A Golf Course
The "great" businessman!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...n-scotland

Quote:Trump Is Still Losing Millions at His Golf Resorts in Scotland

Quote:After sinking more than 150 million pounds ($196 million) into his Scottish golf courses, President Donald Trump is yet to make a profit.

His two resorts posted a combined loss of 4.64 million pounds in 2017, according to the latest filings in the U.K. Of that, Trump’s flagship Turnberry 800-acre resort on Scotland’s west coast lost 3.38 million pounds, the fourth consecutive annual deficit since he bought the club in 2014.
RE: This Moron Can't Even Run A Golf Course
To be fair - it is a dieing industry.

Proof?

Go to garage sales.

Damned near every one has at least one set of golf clubs for sale. My SO and I joke that it's a state law requiring a set of clubs at all sales.

Also - there are 3 failed courses within 5 miles of my house  - and these places were there since the 1960's.

But yeah  - the CIC (Clown in Chief) sux at business.

He could probably lose money running a brothel in men' s prison.
This is in Scotland. This is the home of golf.

We're also completely full of fucking golf courses and ansolutely no one likes Trump here.

He's also trying to expand his latest Aberdeen golf course by building lots of luxury homes there. This is a golf course that ruined a site of scientific interest, didn't deliver the jobs that it promised and also didn't fulfill the requirements he had to meet.

And yes, opposition to it is intense.
I imagine it is different in Scotland.

Here in the US, stuff that used to be standards of entertainment, are dieing out.

Golf and bowling are prime examples. There was one golf course they built with a suburb - so that the residents could hop in their golf cart in the garage, and run out to the links for a round. The course is now a cornfield, and the residents are pissed.

I know a guy near Chicago who is/was the largest supplier/ rebuilder of certain parts for Brunswick automatic pin setting equipment. He used to make a good living at it - but he' scratching at it now - barely getting any work.

The generally agreed reason? The internet.

People don't need to leave home or indeed even go outside for something to do.
It's because the orange fuckface is a piece of shit who tanked America's reputation from the day of the 2016 election. Other countries laugh at us. He's literally made this country the laughing stock of the world.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Quote:The generally agreed reason? The internet.

Golf is hard.  It takes a lot of practice and is very expensive and we now live in an age of instant gratification.  Besides, people can play a golf video game if they really want to.
(October 9, 2018 at 2:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Golf is hard.  It takes a lot of practice and is very expensive and we now live in an age of instant gratification.  Besides, people can play a golf video game if they really want to.

It's not just golf, I'm afraid.
(October 9, 2018 at 2:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Actually golf is easy.

Hit the ball, chase it down - hit it again - repeat.

Getting GOOD at it, and hitting the ball as little as possible is hard.

Tongue
I found that even hitting it was hard.  Hitting the ground or the air?  That was easy.
I once teed off on the first hole of a golf course and sliced the shot so badly that the ball ended up on the fairway of the adjacent hole, the 9th. Needless to say, the duffers walking down the 9th fairway were surprised at almost being killed by the unseen sniper.

Golf is not my thing. By the third hole, I'm usually an anxious curse-spewing wreck, and it doesn't get better from there.

I was always more of a 19th hole sort of fellow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2584 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A Saudi hit and run criminal breaks his electric ankle bracelet and flees America WinterHold 22 2763 April 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Asshole Can't Even Appoint The Right Judges Minimalist 11 1440 November 16, 2018 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  THE WLB Will Appoint This Moron To Run The CDC Minimalist 1 424 November 5, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Of Course You Didn't, Mike Minimalist 4 440 September 7, 2018 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  American workers' wages stagnant, even in a great economy: why? Aegon 74 6859 August 15, 2018 at 4:29 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Of course it did. Minimalist 3 338 July 26, 2018 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Fucking WLB Has Even Lost The NY Post Minimalist 1 410 June 19, 2018 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Fucking Moron Just Doesn't Know Anything Minimalist 9 1136 June 8, 2018 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sometimes Even Drunk Driving Works Out Well! Minimalist 5 935 June 6, 2018 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye