Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hungary's doing it right...
Hungary's doing it right...
Shame all the other countries aren't doing this.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/08/...-migrants/

Quote:(REUTERS) – Hungary plans to build a second fence on its southern border with Serbia that would enable it to keep out any major new wave of migrants, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban said on Friday.
Orban said the new barrier, to be built alongside the existing one, would strengthen defences to respond if Turkey’s policy on migration changed. If that happened, hundreds of thousands could appear at Hungary’s border, he told public radio.

“Technical planning is under way to erect a more massive defence system next to the existing line of defence which was built quickly (last year),” Orban said.

Orban said Hungary had to prepare for the eventuality of a deal between Turkey and the European Union to clamp down on migration into Europe via the Balkans unravelling.

“Then if it does not work with nice words, we will have to stop them with force, and we will do so,” Orban said.

A razor-wire fence built along Hungary’s southern border with Serbia and Croatia has sharply reduced flows.
RE: Hungary's doing it right...
Hungary will also hold a referendum on Oct. 2 on whether to accept any future EU quota system for resettling migrants. Good on them.
Sure, keep cheering on the fascists
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 26, 2016 at 6:25 am)Alex K Wrote: Sure, keep cheering on the fascists

Not everyone wants their country invaded by rapefugees.

Thanks, Alex. I probably would have phrased it a lot less polite.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 26, 2016 at 6:27 am)Bella Morte Wrote:

Not everyone wants their country invaded by rapefugees.

You say this, but wasn't it you who said more than a month ago that the US wasn't doing enough to help these people? And now you're suddenly okay with a closer country doing this? 

Wow. Dodgy
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(August 26, 2016 at 7:26 am)Nymphadora Wrote:
(August 26, 2016 at 6:27 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Not everyone wants their country invaded by rapefugees.

You say this, but wasn't it you who said more than a month ago that the US wasn't doing enough to help these people? And now you're suddenly okay with a closer country doing this? 

Wow. Dodgy

I was just making a point, you know because you guys are the richest nation on the planet. Everyone was saying that all countries should help and I pointed out that the US has took the least amount of them in. But hey it's probably a good thing.
Hopefully Trump actually builds that wall.
You were doing more than just trying to make a point, though. And taking in refugees isn't the only thing the US has done to help, as was already pointed out.

I guess depending on where one lives in this world, depends on whether or not they get a free pass. Sure... keep what you refer to as "rapefugees" out of Hungary, but let them in the US, because I guess Americans deserve that and Hungarians don't?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(August 26, 2016 at 7:40 am)Nymphadora Wrote: You were doing more than just trying to make a point, though. And taking in refugees isn't the only thing the US has done to help, as was already pointed out.

I guess depending on where one lives in this world, depends on whether or not they get a free pass. Sure... keep what you refer to as "rapefugees" out of Hungary, but let them in the US, because I guess Americans deserve that and Hungarians don't?

No, preferably keep them out of Europe and the US.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should Hungary be suspended from EU? Mr Greene 1 243 April 5, 2020 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  I Wonder What We Were Doing The First Time? Minimalist 14 2844 January 2, 2015 at 12:24 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus