Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-11, give me a break.
9-11, give me a break.
9-11, Never Forget?

Here is my spin, and you can hate me all you want for it.

America the great imposes itself on countries that have been around longer than America, and it is surprised when a retaliation happens due to what we are wrongfully doing to other countries; i.e., those unspeakable acts that cannot be disclosed to the public due to national security.
Therefore, I will forget what happened on 9-11.

It does not make me less American. It actually makes me more of an American for having the gumption to stand up to the government.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: 9-11, give me a break.
So it was justice served by righteous jihadis? Certainly Allah's hand was on building 7....Dodgy
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
Most of what I remember is my enlistment during the "war on terror". Trust me when I say that I absolutely won't forget that. I am not proud of my country even if there are worse people elsewhere who want to kill us. This is a day that I want to forget, but I doubt I will.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(September 11, 2016 at 11:53 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: 9-11, Never Forget?

Here is my spin, and you can hate me all you want for it.

America the great imposes itself on countries that have been around longer than America, and it is surprised when a retaliation happens due to what we are wrongfully doing to other countries; i.e., those unspeakable acts that cannot be disclosed to the public due to national security.
Therefore, I will forget what happened on 9-11.

It does not make me less American. It actually makes me more of an American for having the gumption to stand up to the government.

The government??? Really? That's the only entity you can remember when thinking of 911??

I'll never forget the sheer number of classmates who dropped out of school because they had lost a family member or two in the attacks or the recovery, or the pall that existed throughout the city and beyond, or the worry I had for my loved ones, or the worry my loved ones had for me, thinking I was probably in the city since I spent as much of my free time there as possible. I'll never forget how downright friendly people were afterwards, in a place where "friendly" was a word that could garner dirty looks or worse, or the gnarly hole that marked where the towers used to be... only blocks from the apartment of my oldest friend. Sure, I think about the government and it's possible involvement, but I'll never forget a lot more than that.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Like a friend stated, "From the perspective of those over there, we are the terrorists".
~ Erin Hunter
Fuck you.  I knew people who died that day.  And you're nothing more than a piece of shit who wants to look 'brave' for taking a 'controversial' stance.  Well fuck off.  You're not 'brave'.  You're a fucking idiot, nothing more and nothing less.
Thank you, dear. Your comment is duly noted.
~ Erin Hunter
I'm curious.  Do other nations spend as much time recalling their defeats?  Do the French memorialize Waterloo every year?  Do the British memorialize the Somme?
(September 12, 2016 at 1:28 am)Maelstrom Wrote: Like a friend stated, "From the perspective of those over there, we are the terrorists".

Yes...and?

It's easiest to frame someone with wood they've carved themselves, especially when you supply them with it.

I don't think the alleged Israelis or Muslims were the only ones dancing the day America got it's new Pearl Harbor.
This New American Century ain't gonna project itself! Rolleyes

(September 12, 2016 at 1:49 am)Minimalist Wrote: I'm curious.  Do other nations spend as much time recalling their defeats?  Do the French memorialize Waterloo every year?  Do the British memorialize the Somme?
What you mean like immortalize a trauma in the cultural mind so that the victim/aggressor card can be perpetually played?

Couldn't put my finger on one.... Shy
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(September 12, 2016 at 2:36 am)Arkilogue Wrote: This New American Century ain't gonna project itself!  Rolleyes

You should think more and project less.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Break any law if it’s for Jesus Fake Messiah 0 141 March 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  GSA finally give in. Brian37 33 2371 November 28, 2020 at 6:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dr, Dr, give me the fake news........... Brian37 7 1244 November 15, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Florida House Panel votes to arm teachers; Give 1 time $500 bonus for 132 hour course Divinity 30 2266 March 2, 2018 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Give my Preacher cousin his 15 minutes of fame drfuzzy 87 6642 February 19, 2018 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Time For Xtian Hypocrites to Give The WLB Another Mulligan? Minimalist 4 470 February 16, 2018 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Look what Jack in the Box will give you for $4.20 !! vorlon13 14 1800 December 31, 2017 at 8:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Dickhead Went To Give A Speech About the Bullshit Tax Bill Minimalist 6 1342 November 29, 2017 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Give them an inch they take a mile Brian37 5 911 November 8, 2017 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Brian37
  "I don't give a fuck. My name's Dave!!" ErGingerbreadMandude 51 12983 January 25, 2017 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: c172