Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love and Fear
Love and Fear
Greetings,

I have to say that I am interested in Christianity and the Bible. In their philosophical and psychological aspects.

One of this how Love and Fear are woven together.
I don't say that this is not possible. In the USSR people were afraid of Stalin (or rather they were terrified). Yet, when he died (maybe He would be more appropriate ? Smile ), multitudes went on the streets to pay last tribute to the Leader (Father of the Nations, the Teacher, etc), and many were trampled to death (some sources say 2 thousand people were dead)...

Nevertheless, I can understand toothaches or hemorrhages sent by the hypothetical sky-Father.
If you catch a child playing with matches, it may a good idea to spank him. But better is to keep matches of child's reach.
But the idea of Hell...

If you play with matches, you are a naughty boy and I will burn you with cigarettes for eternity?

-----
or wait, sin means separation from our Heavenly Father. All sin. Ted Bundy's killling of women is a sin. And stealing of your class-mate's eraser when you were in the second grade is Sin, too. You probably forgot about that eraser. And your classmate also forgot it. But for stealing of that eraser, your loving Father is going to send you to a torture chamber for Eternity!

Btw, are there parents here?
RE: Love and Fear
[Image: darko2.png]
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 17, 2016 at 7:57 pm)Alex K Wrote: [Image: darko2.png]

Best movie ever
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Misunderstanding due to misinterpretation.

The Greek word's wrongly translated in Mathew as "eternal punishment" are "kolasin aionion". Kolasin means corrective chastisement/cutting and it comes from a root meaning to prune a tree for better growth. Aionion means an "age" which is a very long time with a definite beginning and end.

Branches of the soul which produce bad fruit are cut off and burned if the soul has not cut them off and destroyed them while in body.

The alternative to having no corrective/reset process is infinite production of erroneousness growth until the tree/soul no longer produces anything consumable and choke itself out and dies. Or like an engine that never gets an oil change and seizes up.

The corrective action is so that the soul remains structurally consistent enough to not self destruct or become eternally lost in it's own mis-creations.

If there's anything to relativity and God is an all-consuming fire, then it's our orientation the determines if the experience is a quickening freedom or burning hell.
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
@OP I also have a hard time reconciling the mixture of fear and love that comes with Christianity. I do think you might be over simplifying it a bit but yea the whole idea of hell makes no sense.

And no...there are no parents here. True atheists eat their babies straight from the womb.

0/10

Sin is a term adopted from archery which means "to miss the mark". It is an arrow that hits anywhere on the target other than the bullseye. It was an error and the "punishment" is that you had to shoot again before you could advance to the next target.

The original color of the bullseye is gold.
(September 17, 2016 at 8:11 pm)Losty Wrote: @OP I also have a hard time reconciling the mixture of fear and love that comes with Christianity. I do think you might be over simplifying it a bit but yea the whole idea of hell makes no sense.

And no...there are no parents here. True atheists eat their babies straight from the womb.

I'm a father of a 3 year old boy. Heart
(September 17, 2016 at 8:09 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: Misunderstanding due to misinterpretation.

The Greek word's wrongly translated in Mathew as "eternal punishment" are "kolasin aionion". Kolasin means corrective chastisement/cutting and it comes from a root meaning to prune a tree for better growth. Aionion means an "age" which is a very long time with a definite beginning and end.

Branches of the soul which produce bad fruit are cut off and burned if the soul has not cut them off and destroyed them while in body.

The alternative to having no corrective/reset process is infinite production of erroneousness growth until the tree/soul no longer produces anything consumable and choke itself out and dies. Or like an engine that never gets an oil change and seizes up.

The corrective action is so that the soul remains structurally consistent enough to not self destruct or become eternally lost in it's own mis-creations.

If there's anything to relativity and God is an all-consuming fire, then it's our orientation the determines if the experience is a quickening freedom or burning hell.

Yea ok. Prove it.

Why do you say this crap as if it's a fact. This mumbo jumbo is just your interpretation. You're entitled to it but it means nothing to me.

0/10

(September 17, 2016 at 8:13 pm)Arkilogue Wrote:
(September 17, 2016 at 8:11 pm)Losty Wrote: @OP I also have a hard time reconciling the mixture of fear and love that comes with Christianity. I do think you might be over simplifying it a bit but yea the whole idea of hell makes no sense.

I'm a father of a 3 year old boy.  Heart

Your sarcasm detectioner is broken, sir.

0/10

(September 17, 2016 at 8:13 pm)Losty Wrote:
(September 17, 2016 at 8:09 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: Misunderstanding due to misinterpretation.

Yea ok. Prove it.

Why do you say this crap as if it's a fact. This mumbo jumbo is just your interpretation. You're entitled to it but it means nothing to me.

Look up the meanings of the Greek words for yourself. Most of the rest is my perspective from my map of reality I have drawn as a re-combination of others maps and my own personal exploration out of bounds. You'd have no use for the details of territory you have not explored and do not believe exists.

You have your operational paradigm with your limits.
I have mine with different limits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power of Prayer and Fear of God mcolafson 33 5080 September 19, 2022 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Help me not fear heaven/hell Fleeing Jesus 128 12897 June 18, 2019 at 5:08 am
Last Post: SenseMaker007
  Fear of letting go? SlowCalculations 18 1964 June 3, 2019 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: SlowCalculations
  Fear of hell, advice please orthodox-man 120 24021 March 10, 2018 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Fear purplepurpose 9 3284 September 6, 2017 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 4623 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite
  Do you still fear hell? Lucifer 56 6092 July 14, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fear of hell JesusLover1 29 6700 April 26, 2014 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: nogodchick
  How do I not fear hell? JesusLover1 116 20336 March 3, 2014 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  How to overcome the fear of death? gambino 40 16911 December 13, 2012 at 10:06 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome