Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leading up to the debate . . . .
Leading up to the debate . . . .
Considering the media focus on the debate tomorrow, I thought we'd have a little more oofda going on here today.

Anyhoo, I heard the Hillary and Trump sides get to pass out 2/3 of the tickets, and 1/3 are for a lottery for the students at the hosting university.  I'm surprised Trump agreed to this, although maybe it matters less than I think now.

As for criteria for evaluating the results . . .

well, assuming no one has a melt down or is hit with a stage prop or light fixture, it might boil down to cumulative 'Pinochios', at least in my view.  I realize Trump seems impervious to them, and Hill's propensity to crave them is assumed to be already factored in to the electorates expectations, I'd like to think for the undecided, it might be the salient result of the foofooraw.

I suppose security is tight enough to preclude a pie in the face for either/both candidate, but I can dream . . .

[Image: 0.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Leading up to the debate . . . .
No doubt it'll solidify their core constituencies, and I think Hillary's more moderate language and style will be persuasive to more independents.

Bill Maher on Real Time said:

Quote:"that expectations for Trump at Monday's debate are so low, "it's like being in a spelling bee with a basset hound.  "The bar for Trump is so low! It's like being in a spelling bee with a basset hound! 'Yeah, she knew all the words, but you know what I like? That dog knew not to shit on the floor.'"
I already have my popcorn ready to go for the show - I mean the debate.
Even if Hillary Clinton makes him bawl like a baby or stomp off the stage in anger, Grump will immediately tweet after the debate "I won!".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Political debate via meme Foxaèr 287 22329 November 4, 2020 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Anyone watch tonight's debate? Brian37 19 878 October 23, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Figbash
  Why I Might Watch The Next 'Debate' BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1723 October 22, 2020 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump vs Biden debate WinterHold 95 6437 October 3, 2020 at 12:39 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  New ‘Debate’ Format Suggestions BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1082 October 1, 2020 at 8:41 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Anyone watch last night's debate? Brian37 9 869 September 30, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  This is why outside this forum i don't debate Politics Amarok 27 4292 January 31, 2018 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Larry Flynt offers $10M for information leading to Trump's Impeachment Divinity 8 2038 October 16, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  After leading ACA repeal in the House, Trump praises Australia's universal healthcare Aegon 26 5171 May 6, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Lets end the great weed debate dyresand 21 3720 April 28, 2017 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89