Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An AF member does what no one else did
An AF member does what no one else did
You know how many people don't get involved when others need help urgently. Our own Kitty Galore had quite an afternoon.

After picking up her son from school, she was waiting to get on the freeway when a bicyclist was hit by a car nearby. Despite not being closest to the scene, she was the first, and for awhile, was the only person who rushed to his aid.

She expected to find that there would be no serious injury but when she got to the scene she found the cyclist was unresponsive but breathing, bleeding profusely from two head wound. She does not know the full extent of his injuries. She made sure emergency services was called, staunched the bleeding, and spoke to the victim to see if he would respond - until the paramedics arrived and the accident investigators interviewed her.

The victim's condition is unknown.
RE: An AF member does what no one else did
Good job! And noone else rushed in to help?!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Certainly no theists.  Why, with an unresponsive victim he may have belonged to the wrong tribe.

Bravo, Kitty.
Fantastic Smile Much respect to Kitty, how kind and brave!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Good on you, Kitty.
Reminds me of the time I was putting gas in my truck when we heard a horrible crash. Looking in the direction of the noise I saw a bike flying like three stories above the ground. I saw two people instantly take out their phones. At the same time I couldn't see the biker because of all the people who got out of their cars and surrounded the scene of the crash. When I realized there was nothing more to do, I decided I didn't actually want to see how bad it was so long as it was under control. But my wife got curious and phoned around until she got the hospital he was taken to. 'Miraculously' just surface scuffing but nothing broken and no brain trauma.

Kitty is a good one to have around in an emergency.
Thank you, Kitty, for exercising compassion and decency amidst a sea of selfish dipshits. I know you probably don't think it's a big deal, but it is...especially to the cyclist's family.
Bully on you!

Well done, Kitty.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Good job Kitty. Last saturday I also helped an old man that got ran over by a car. I was on my bicicle behind the car that ran over him, there were poorly parked cars, so the old man tried to cross the road and the guy in the car didnt see him. I immediately positioned him on recovery position, he was awake. The driver stopped immediately and called for medics and the cops. Since he was stable, perhaps with broken legs and lots of people joined, I asked one friend of mine there to help directing traffic away, until the cops arrival, by standing is both ways and signaling cars. The victym is ok and recovering.
My best friend's father was recently killed by a hit and run while he was on his bicycle.

Kitty, I speak for a large group of friends when I say "thank you," and for myself, because I worry about them all constantly on the road. I only hope that someone like you will be there when and if any of them get in an accident.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10113 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF member map brewer 17 1078 July 18, 2021 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Anyone else planting dandelions? arewethereyet 5 726 May 1, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1102 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2615 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Does anyone else remember...? Cecelia 20 1786 July 30, 2019 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What happened to member awards 2019? Cod 21 3080 July 13, 2019 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Which Banned AF Member Are You? Edwardo Piet 54 7538 May 1, 2018 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 8583 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Curious how one gets the "jerkoff" emoticon next to one's name Foxaèr 29 5229 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37