Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 5:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latin America - protests against misogyny and sexual violence
Latin America - protests against misogyny and sexual violence
This seems pretty big and isn't getting the attention and solidarity it deserves in the news

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/20/americ...lled-trnd/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/o...t-violence

Following the rape and murder of a 16 year old in Argentina, Lucia Perez, thousands of women took to the streets to protest against misogyny and sexual violence. The demonstrations started in many cities across the country, and are said to be spreading throughout Latin America.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

RE: Latin America - protests against misogyny and sexual violence
I read about that.  Something like one woman killed by domestic violence every 30some-odd hours of late?  That's gotta be the shittiest daily lottery on earth.

If our wives and gf's were knocking us off like that we'd have rounded em all up into pleasure camps by now. We've done it before, we'll do it again! Mind your p's and q's ladies.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Latin America - protests against misogyny and sexual violence
(October 21, 2016 at 2:26 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I read about that.  Something like one woman murdered ever 30some-odd hours?  That's gotta be the shittiest daily lottery on earth.

Yeah I saw some of the details too, it was really savage. Shame it takes something that horrible to get everyone's attention
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Protests against Netanyahu's Actions in Gaza Leonardo17 14 315 April 9, 2024 at 5:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The terrorism and violence perpetrated by the Uyghurs preceding the "training camps" Duty 10 1179 December 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America's newest chess master Foxaèr 9 512 May 20, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3368 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  [Serious] Josh Hawley is the most dangerous man in America WinterHold 15 683 January 9, 2021 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The REAL Threat To America BrianSoddingBoru4 11 813 December 15, 2020 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Protests in Belgrade FlatAssembler 3 278 July 16, 2020 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Joe Biden facing sexual assault allegations Agnostico 48 3463 May 3, 2020 at 5:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  America’s Chief Export BrianSoddingBoru4 107 4990 April 21, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Protests in Zagreb FlatAssembler 32 1339 December 3, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler