Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Election night rituals
Election night rituals
I am wondering what election night rituals you have planned.

I will be watching the movie Idiocracy with my wife and maybe a few friends before lighting up a joint to celebrate prop 64. Then, the morning after I will be taking a coffee shit and flushing it with Trump brand bottled water stolen from the concierge at the Trump Las Vegas hotel.

(admittedly that last part not make it as an annual ritual)
RE: Election night rituals
I'll watch and be nervous until we're in the clear.

I'd imagine the feeling will be much like waiting on a pregnancy test with a girl you had a one night stand with.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Lubing up and bending over, as usual.
I'll tune in MSNBC after the hockey game ends.  Most of the polls should start to close around then.
I'll be dancing..."Lucky lucky chicken bone, lucky lucky chicken bone....."

[Image: curse_voodoo_chicken_foot_thumb_c3c8f645...1456093963]
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(October 24, 2016 at 3:56 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'll watch and be nervous until we're in the clear.

I'd imagine the feeling will be much like waiting on a pregnancy test with a girl you had a one night stand with.

Although I can appreciate the anxiety given the situation, I don't think you have much to fear.
Probably the same as in '08 and '12 ... Watching the livestream until I fall asleep, then waking up from time to time to check my phone.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Bong
As far as election night rituals, it is a Tuesday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9XNPTf9tBg
Sleeping. I can't do anything about it in any case, so better sleep it off. Like the flu.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1060 50545 April 24, 2024 at 5:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 796 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5351 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Anyone watch last night's debate? Brian37 9 864 September 30, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Kuala Lumpur Islamic summit: did the night of the vassals began to end? WinterHold 16 1098 January 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1515 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1076 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Good News from yesterday's election. Brian37 14 2134 November 9, 2018 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  "Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention ReptilianPeon 20 2440 August 2, 2018 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Should Hilary Run In The Next Election (The Unbiased Version) Amarok 67 9554 July 25, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13