Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do with an empty church?
What would you do with an empty church?
There are churches for sale, and if you had the expendable dough, what would you do with a church if you bought it?

There are so many churches around me (over 100 in my zip code), I would want to replace an empty church with a science center. One that people could come and learn about science, bring their kids on the weekends, maybe rent the place out for atheist weddings/receptions.

Or you know, start a new religion that involves free ice cream. Come on, donations! Wink
Subscribe to Atheist News! Also, check out my latest video- Mass Effect Takes On Religion

https://www.youtube.com/c/AtheistNews
RE: What would you do with an empty church?
Turn it into a library, college, university or accommodation for the homeless.
Burn it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Baby-frying-satan-worshipping-Xmas-combating-5$ store
Turn it into a recording studio or jazz club ... Or both, if it's one of those huge Catholic affairs.

Make a McMansion? Had a chance to buy an old firehouse. My wife and her ex lived for while in a remodeled WWII bunker. We now live in a 100+ year old warehouse that lacks all architectural interest but is surrounded by lots of dirt for a garden. A church would be so much better though. I'd make sure the alter became the location of our bed or a toilet (out of respect for CL and her poop fetish).
Oh...I'd do my Voodoo there, definitely. 
It'd be the perfect place.

I get strange looks from the neighbors, when I do it in the backyard.
There's a very nice restaurant in a former church in my home state capital. In Maastricht, I remember seeing a fancy bookstore in one.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Half way house or shelter.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Paleoanthropological museum, creationists admitted free-of-charge.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3186 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11321 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6462 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  If You Ruled Your Own Country, Would You Ban Religion? Salacious B. Crumb 79 11925 May 8, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  If you lived in Jesus' day, how would you of responded? Revelation777 169 22639 April 9, 2014 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: siryezser
  This empty feeling rossrocks88 18 4573 March 21, 2014 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  would you tell your parents one day that you are an atheist ? Marsellus Wallace 71 12416 March 15, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Have you ever felt you were missing out on the good things church has to offer? artistriley 45 7275 September 30, 2013 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Actually, According to the Catholic Church I Am More Likely to Go to Hell than You Are Blackrook 6 3519 September 26, 2012 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Would you go to church just to prove it won't change anything about you? MilesTailsPrower 66 17196 August 25, 2011 at 2:01 am
Last Post: tavarish