Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can you tell me to make it feel better?
What can you tell me to make it feel better?
How about a thread for uplifting quotes/thoughts on a post Trump-victory world?

Let's ask Garrison Keiler for his thoughts.

Garrison Keiler Wrote:Resentment is no excuse for bald-faced stupidity. America is still the land where the waitress' kids can grow up to become physicists and novelists and pediatricians, but it helps a lot if the waitress and her husband encourage good habits and the ambition to use your God-given talents and the kids aren't plugged into electronics day and night. Whooping it up for the candidate of cruelty and ignorance does less than nothing for your kids.
We liberal elitists are now completely in the clear. The government is in Republican hands. Let them deal with him. Democrats can spend four years raising heirloom tomatoes, meditating, reading Jane Austen, traveling around the country, tasting artisan beers, and let the Republicans build the wall and carry on the trade war with China and deport the undocumented and deal with opioids and we Democrats can go for a long brisk walk and smell the roses.

I quite enjoyed it.  And I agree, it's none of our affair now.  Don't worry I'll still vote -everytime, not just in the big ones- and I'll vote liberal elite party line.  But if we remain out of power, I think I can make the brisk walk and rose sniffing work.
RE: What can you tell me to make it feel better?
We can put Trump out of office in 4 years.
(November 9, 2016 at 1:54 pm)Brian37 Wrote: We can put Trump out of office in 4 years.

I wouldn't be so sure about that just yet.
Elizabeth Warren, this is your chance. Get ready for the next election year.
That'd be nice.
There, there Whatevs.

It'll be alright.
Garrison Keiler is a great and wise man.
Now is the time to accept what must be accepted, change what can be changed, and remember to love life.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
[Image: lee-harvey-oswald.png]
Dying to live, living to die.
Just no WW3 because Trump's an idiot, please, and no huge increases in homelessness because Trump doesn't care about poor people, please.
(November 9, 2016 at 1:56 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: There, there Whatevs.

It'll be alright.

Hey!  Not there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is republic better than monarchy? FlatAssembler 18 916 September 13, 2022 at 12:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1010 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 935 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  "The American Dream" is just a myth we tell ourselves Foxaèr 45 4044 April 20, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Christianity as religious institution in politics over islamic is sadly almost better Kimba02 3 292 April 11, 2019 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Feel the Bern Yonadav 73 5546 March 29, 2019 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Nearly half of Republicans feel bullied at work Foxaèr 8 2091 October 27, 2018 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Too bad we can't make a pilgrimage from 'Murica Foxaèr 8 1049 September 9, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: brewer
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2211 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
  We Didn't Need A Study To Tell Us This Minimalist 22 1773 April 4, 2018 at 6:14 pm