Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF Friendly Chess Matches?
AF Friendly Chess Matches?
Hello AF members and anyone else.  Would anyone be interested in a game of correspondence chess?  I'm not much of a chess talent, but I do enjoy a good game every now and then.  I created a chess.com account.  My username is the same as it is here but without a space.

Chess

P.S.  This is a game I currently have going on against my computer. The computer has the white pieces.

Fritz 13 (full strength) v KS

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nxe5 d6
4. Nf3  Nxe4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. d3 Nf6
7. Bg5 Be6
8. Nc3 Nc6
9. d4 d5
10. 0-0-0  0-0-0
11. Ne5 Qe8
12. Kb1 Be7
13. Qe3 a6
14. Be2

Thanks and live long and prosper AF members.

RE: AF Friendly Chess Matches?
Totally down for realtime whenever you're on and I;m on.  Can't push urgency in correspondence chess...makes me lose, lol - such a one trick pony.

(apparently I'll have to recover my account, lol)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 9, 2016 at 11:04 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Totally down for realtime whenever you're on and I;m on.  Can't push urgency in correspondence chess...makes me lose, lol - such a one trick pony.

(apparently I'll have to recover my account, lol)

Hmmm... I'm more of a correspondence guy.  Out of curiosity, what type of real time chess do you play?  Bullet? Blitz? Longer games?

LOL< i just like chess...fuck it, I just like games..I'd play a vicious, shit talking version of go fish with anyone who would play.  I play speed or tournament.  Correspondence chess gives me way too much leeway to cheat by parsing the options from a few choice chess programs I like. That and the fact that I pretty much rely on people making mistakes. I have no natural talent. Patience, also lacking.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Is a 25-30 minute blitz game reasonable for you or is that too long?

Right this moment, I've got time.  I'm rhythmcs on chess.com.  If you've got a mic and voip I'm down for that as well, while we play.  Get to know each other.  Wink

(anytime you see me posting and want to play just pm me, btw)
(November 9, 2016 at 11:43 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Right this moment, I've got time.  I'm rhythms on chess.com.  If you've got a mic and voip I'm down for that as well, while we play.  Get to know each other.  Wink

(anytime you see me posting and want to play just pm me, btw)

Unfortunately, I do not have a mic or voip, but I'll hit you up on chess.com and send you a game invite or whatever. 

P.S. What is voip?

Voice over IP. So we didn't have to type like savages to communicate.....like we do here..... Angel

Imma warn you, you probably have a 3 or four drink advantage on me at least, lol. It may be less than challenging, lol.
(November 9, 2016 at 11:31 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: Is a 25-30 minute blitz game reasonable for you or is that too long?

Too long?
That's how long I take to make a move sometimes.
I think that's why nobody ever wants to play against me.
And because I win a lot. :-)
It's a bloody, bloody slaughter for the first game.  Kernels got me hemmed in from every side.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chess paulpablo 13 2302 April 22, 2023 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Queen's Gambit - Hit Chess Miniseries Duty 20 1654 December 7, 2020 at 7:46 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  2016 FIDE (Chess) Candidates Tournament TheRealJoeFish 14 1796 March 28, 2016 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: c172
  My best chess finish ever! :D bennyboy 9 2181 March 4, 2016 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Chess TheRealJoeFish 8 1845 January 7, 2015 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Little lunch
Music Chess Time JeffofGallifrey 8 2115 September 14, 2014 at 6:09 am
Last Post: StuW
  AF CHESS Matchups Mystical 56 8572 February 28, 2014 at 11:14 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Chess Lion IRC vs. missluckie26 Lion IRC 139 12374 December 25, 2013 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Chess games bennyboy 39 7108 October 14, 2013 at 9:02 am
Last Post: bennyboy