Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's into vintage racing games?
Who's into vintage racing games?
I stopped playing racers about decade ago when they dropped the experience for going all out Arcade. But I kept my collection and now my interest is reawakening. Especially the old titles. Such as Grand Prix Legends, GT Legends, Rally Trophy or F1 Challenge 99-02, to my knowledge the last in the series being developed primarily with the PC in mind.

Right now I'm in the process of looking up the mods. There's still a lot of catching up to do, especially when it comes to GPL. Amazing, considering that this game hit the market in 1998. It was always one of the most realistic driving experiences on the computer, but now I noticed that total conversion have been made. I'm curious to try them out.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Who's into vintage racing games?
Does Burnout count? Because I love Burnout so much I fuck it.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Fuck me, those are the vintage ones?  

(shambles out to shop for a cane)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The only racing game I can say I ever truly got into was combat cars for the mega drive and other novelty unrealistic racers.

Little trivia fact about combat cars, it had suspiciously similar theme music what is love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP2yLmfuJeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5G1FmU-ldg

It was basically like overhead mario kart.  I would have probably loved mario kart but I've always been a sega kid.  

I briefly got into gran turismo, I liked the upgrading of vehicles.  Ridge racer was ok and to a lesser extent porshe challenge.

I still remember a vicious argument between me and two friends even now about me thinking porshe challenge had better graphics than gran turismo and I still pretty much think porshe challenge does look to have the better graphics even when I look at the two games now.  The game play in porshe challenge was inferior though.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

There's another thing to consider. I have to find force feedback drivers for my Momo or my Thrustmaster Ferrari wheels. Ones that agree with win 10.
(November 17, 2016 at 5:05 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Fuck me, those are the vintage ones?  

(shambles out to shop for a cane)

I was thinking why is he naming new racing games oh yeh shit I forgot I'm old.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Well, kudos to Thrustmaster. The latest drivers still add full force feedback support to my 14 year old wheel.
What!?! No Pole Position.

(always liked Death Race...back in the day.)
Pole Position? Way too new....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syDQ1GEM-s8

Speed Freak was insanely hard compared to PP.
(November 17, 2016 at 6:37 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Pole Position?  Way too new....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syDQ1GEM-s8

Speed Freak was insanely hard compared to PP.

LOL Now I feel old. Are there still coin-op arcades anymore?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2126 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What are your top 5 video games of all time? T0 Th3 M4X 80 8730 May 22, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I sucked at video games. Brian37 16 3110 July 18, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The issue with Match-3 games Foxaèr 4 463 August 15, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 379 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Any sci-fi open world games? Mechaghostman2 9 1909 September 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Games still to be released in 2018 Foxaèr 9 1163 June 2, 2018 at 12:32 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Of new homes and video games. Brian37 7 1163 May 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  No evidence to support link between violent video games and behavior Gawdzilla Sama 12 1838 January 21, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1224 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia