Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why not believe in God!
why not believe in God!
Why not believe in God or a creator? It takes more faith to believe what an atheist believve than a theist. I love atheist and respect your veiws. But why not believe in God?Thinking
RE: why not believe in God!
Oh dear. Let the fallacy bashing commence.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln

Quote:Why not believe in God or a creator?
There is no evidence to suggest that such a thing exists.

Quote:It takes more faith to believe what an atheist believve than a theist.
So let me get this right? It takes faith to lack belief in something? Please explain.
If what you say is true, then it takes faith to lack belief in santa, FSM, thor, apollo, ect ect.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
You say that a god exists? I don't believe you. Can you prove it?

^-- How does that require faith? (to reiterate what the others said)
I can't even be bothered with this one.
^Then why were you, Min?

Welcome to the boards ibelieve! Unfortunately, i think you'll find that youre arguments will hardly hold up here, as the members of this forum are very scrutinous of suchs things. Other than that, have a good time, and learn a little somethin!
(September 1, 2010 at 3:57 pm)ibelieve04142000 Wrote: Why not believe in God or a creator? It takes more faith to believe what an atheist believve than a theist. I love atheist and respect your veiws. But why not believe in God?Thinking

If its that simple, I'll just flip a coin to decide.

...nope, sorry, still an atheist.
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
Scrutinous?

Watson I think you just invented a word.

I like it.

Anyhoo Ibelieve welcome and what is this atheist faith you talk of.

Personally I dont believe in god because there is no evidence, none, nada, zip for any such creature.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Welcome, feel free to ask about things, but beware of any misconceptions you might have regarding atheists.
And beware of massive fallacies such as this:

(September 1, 2010 at 6:30 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Personally I dont believe in god because there is no evidence, none, nada, zip for any such creature.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Yorker doesn't believe in god Silas Stingy 13 2720 November 9, 2012 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why I no longer believe. dmrob2009 28 5147 July 12, 2011 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Epimethean