Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump kills gun sales in the US
It ironic isn't it? Liberals cause the gun manufacturers to grow and Trump comes in and kills it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/...-boom.html

Quote:While Trump’s unapologetic pro-Second Amendment stance may be good for gun owners, it has already dealt a blow to manufacturers, who enjoyed record sales throughout President Obama’s eight years in office. Stocks in companies like Smith & Wesson and Sturm, Ruger & Co. plunged on Nov. 9, and experts say it is because Trump’s election erased fears that guns would become harder to get.
RE: Trump kills gun sales in the US
If we consistently evaluated people on their results instead of their words, I wonder how different things would be ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I wouldn't say that Obama (or liberals) caused the sudden surge of gun buying, it was the all the fearmongering and 'he's gonna take our guns!' rhetoric that stoked that spike.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(November 22, 2016 at 1:53 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I wouldn't say that Obama (or liberals) caused the sudden surge of gun buying, it was the all the fearmongering and 'he's gonna take our guns!' rhetoric that stoked that spike.

Yep. The White House is well aware of the correlation. I think he's even made a joke or two about it.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(November 22, 2016 at 1:53 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I wouldn't say that Obama (or liberals) caused the sudden surge of gun buying, it was the all the fearmongering and 'he's gonna take our guns!' rhetoric that stoked that spike.

It's simple cause and effect. Gun hating liberal gets elected, gun sales go up.
record breaking gun violence in Chicago notwithstanding
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Test.  Tongue
(November 22, 2016 at 2:00 pm)KUSA Wrote:

It's simple cause and effect. Gun hating liberal gets elected, gun sales go up.

What effects did the Obama administration have on the ability to purchase guns?
- Thomas Jefferson
(November 22, 2016 at 2:08 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: What effects did the Obama administration have on the ability to purchase guns?

Just an irrational fear that a liberal president was going to ban guns.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 22, 2016 at 2:09 pm)Maelstrom Wrote:
(November 22, 2016 at 2:08 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: What effects did the Obama administration have on the ability to purchase guns?

Just an irrational fear that a liberal president was going to ban guns.

That's what I'm getting at, yeah.  If the only basis for calling Obama a "gun hating liberal" is the fact that people were told he's a gun hating liberal...then that's just silly.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1609 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  THE Gun Thread onlinebiker 1251 111218 August 19, 2022 at 8:25 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 3785 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1089 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 2504 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Guns Sales Booming onlinebiker 41 2713 June 22, 2020 at 7:09 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 9658 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1697 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  How is a Hotel responsible for firearm sales? Brian37 45 2819 October 8, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1180 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm