Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why have a gun?
Why have a gun?
For when armed dirtbags break into your home. Glad to see a homeowner win.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/kent-county/...-break-in/
RE: Why have a gun?
Never felt the need for a gun in 67 years, seems to me they cause more problems than they solve!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(March 31, 2022 at 11:26 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Never felt the need for a gun in 67 years, seems to me they cause more problems than they solve!

Most people never need a fire extinguisher either.

But when you do - nothing else works quite as well..
Oh, well, you never know when will Russia or some other country attack the U.S., and people will need to defend themselves with the weapons they have at hand.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(March 31, 2022 at 11:30 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(March 31, 2022 at 11:26 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Never felt the need for a gun in 67 years, seems to me they cause more problems than they solve!

Most people never need a fire extinguisher either.

I find not lighting fires somewhat helpful, as well.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 31, 2022 at 11:37 am)Angrboda Wrote:
(March 31, 2022 at 11:30 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Most people never need a fire extinguisher either.

I find not lighting fires somewhat helpful, as well.

Sure. Avoiding hot spots is a good thing.

But sometimes the fire comes to you.

Anyone who wishes to live without firearms has the right to do so. I choose differently. 

I live on the assumption that people can be assholes and expect the worst of behavior from them.

Running quite literally is not an option for me.
And guns are not only for home burglaries but also for organizations like Deacons for Defense and Justice. Formed in 1964 they are a group of African-American war veterans who do not believe in passive resistance as Dr. King did but instead in direct action with the Ku Klux Klan when federal authorities refuse to intervene in or prosecute Klan lynchings, burnings, and beatings.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Dr King also knew the value of firearms. He did after all apply for a concealed carry permit.
Popcorn
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
What is the ratio of the number of occasions when gun owners shot someone (including themselves) by accident to the number of gun owners who arguably shot someone in legitimate self defense??

I just realize that is a terrible question. Since gun owners who shot themselves clearly pose a mortal danger to themselves, Every gun owner who shot himself shot himself in legitimate self defense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1627 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  THE Gun Thread onlinebiker 1251 111555 August 19, 2022 at 8:25 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1098 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 2514 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 9701 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1742 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1193 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 3688 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 135 11941 May 6, 2019 at 4:55 am
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3145 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda