Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholic Church Must Be Punished By Law!
Exclamation 
Catholic Church Must Be Punished By Law!
I just realized something........

When an organization violates a law, or regulation, shouldn't the organization be punished and held responsible? I believe this is the law, correct me if I'm wrong.

The Catholic church: Some of it's members like to participate in what I like to call FLB. Fucking Little Boys. The Church covers up this practice very often when it happens.

The Crime: Not taking responsibility for a crime (FLB) and covering it up. This is defending a criminal.

My Complaint: Why does the Church get immunity from the law? How come if anyone else practiced FLB they would be penalized and those brain-washers don't?

My Realization: The Church has much more power and has much more strings to pull than I originally thought. Perhaps it's unstoppable! Poor, poor little boys. ;(
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
RE: Catholic Church Must Be Punished By Law!
(September 6, 2010 at 7:33 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote: The Catholic church: Some of it's members like to participate in what I like to call FLB. Fucking Little Boys. The Church covers up this practice very often when it happens.
Tax-exempt fucking I might add. Institutionalized molestation has its perks...
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
I agree. They should be punished by law, and I hope they are. I mean, this is the same church that kills millions indirectly by telling people condoms are "against God".

As long as the church has followers, I believe it's practically unstoppable.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Quote:My Complaint: Why does the Church get immunity from the law?

An obvious question which I think a lot of people everywhere are beginning to ask.I think the current world wide scandals reflect changing attitudes.

Religion has ceased to be the THE controlling influence in communities all over the developed world. I think people have begun to realise that the bigger churches,such as the Catholics especially, are deeply corrupt and irrelevant. The days of implicit trust and obedience of clerics and their churches are pretty well finished.The time of accountability has begun.

Context: For centuries the Church was indeed above the law. No cleric,no matter how humble, could tried by civil authorities. Those were the days Popes could actually give orders to Princes. The whole furor with Henry V111 was sparked by the power of The Church. Henry's new church simply replaced the Catholic church in terms of social power and control. The Church lost its direct political influence,as the monarch became the legal head of the Church of England,a position which remains to this day.The papal states were not completely abolished until the unification of Italy, in the C19th.
(September 6, 2010 at 7:39 pm)Entropist Wrote:
(September 6, 2010 at 7:33 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote: The Catholic church: Some of it's members like to participate in what I like to call FLB. Fucking Little Boys. The Church covers up this practice very often when it happens.
Tax-exempt fucking I might add. Institutionalized molestation has its perks...

I didn't know that you get money for fucking around with 6 year old boys. Why? How?
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
One word; money.
(September 6, 2010 at 8:50 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote: I didn't know that you get money for fucking around with 6 year old boys. Why? How?

Do you live in the US? Well, you're in luck:

http://hushmoney.org/501c3-facts.htm
And: http://www.startchurch.com/churches-ministries/501c3

(there are some Christians, usually fundies, who don't care for this, because supposedly it limits what they can say regarding politics, etc. Funny, I would never have guessed that from what I have seen all these years!)
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
There are numerous things keeping the Catholic Church from being penalized for the FLB practice. One is the money they surely spread around, another is that stupid, "we are our own nation" bullshit and yet another is the fact that it isn't typically happening in Vatican City. That last bit means that it is extraordinarily difficult to justify (in a legal sense), punishing the institution as a whole. You can only hope that the men doing it will be punished by the laws in the country where they committed the acts, which vary greatly as well. Let's say a bunch of Swedish people began robbing banks in different countries. Would it make sense (legally) to punish Sweden? No, you would have to punish each criminal individually according to the laws in the country where they broke the law. Now, I realize it is an imperfect analogy. Firstly, the Vatican has no right, in my mind, to be their own nation. Secondly, Swedish is a nationality, not a religion. Nonetheless, that analogy fits as far as the legalities of the issue go.

This practice of only punishing sparingly and only according to the law where the law was broken is flawed, to be sure. The whole thing is out of control and could be handled better, without trying to take down the Catholic Church. For example, a Catholic priest in California, who is from Ireland can rape babies and be punished by being sent back to Ireland to live as a free man. This has actually happened. Now, if that man were put in jail as long as an American would have been, his buddies would think "Oh shit, I'm not going to get away with fucking their kids." Since they are rarely punished, they look at it as a free for all. It's disgusting, but there you have it. I doubt the Catholic Church as a whole will ever be punished for these rapes and cover ups. Sad
The Catholic church has been known to cover up cases of child molestation and even at times just moving the accused to a Parish in a foreign country beyond the reach of the laws here in the U.S. Plus they pretty much have the government here in their pocket. Regarding the tax exempt status I actually went to the I.R.S. web site and downloaded the 'Tax guide for churches and religious organizations' it's a fucking disgrace what this chicken shit government does for money. The U.S. government is like the mob during the prohibition for the right price you can pretty much write your own check and they would gladly look the other way.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Attempts were made to apply the RICO statutes to the church but juries acquitted. The problem is obvious. All you need is one asshole catholic ( which is pretty much all of them) on the jury to screw up the case.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Beleive... I Must Be A Racist! N0RT0N 49 3110 July 25, 2020 at 1:57 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Foxaèr 9 1160 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Please help me understand this Indian "law" Alexmahone 18 2405 July 25, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
Wink Happy Birthday, Catholic Lady pocaracas 31 1801 February 7, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  How Catholic is Catholic Lady? Edwardo Piet 33 5818 August 30, 2017 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Some advice on how to deal with a "interesting" brother in law NuclearEnergy 21 5651 July 3, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Maybe too soon, but it must be stated. Foxaèr 1 577 June 2, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Sorry, Evie. This must really hurt. Minimalist 15 2529 January 23, 2016 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  People at church excluding and avoiding me on church trip ashasha1212 14 3370 August 25, 2015 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Exian
  Well all good things must come to a end dyresand 13 2726 August 9, 2015 at 7:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus